Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Painting Ronin Day 34

Evening All hope I find you all well and beavering over you paint tables, its time like these I am happy to have brush on primer. I was able to undercoat the 15mm WW2 Para's without braving the cold garage. After completing that I move on to the flesh on the latest batches that means 50 base layers 50 skin tone and 50 skin highlights not forgetting 50 lips painted. As you may imagine that took up most of my painting time tonight but things speed up from this point.


terrible pictures I am afraid, will do better tomorrow.
One thing I know from experience is that after a paint-a-thon you can go through a bit of a low, I have decided to combat this I want to try some thing new. I have been investing my commission money in a new period 15mm Pirate's one thing that I want to get from this period is full on ship to ship battles so I need ships I found some great 15mm ones from Blue Moon via Old Glory UK, they are great value from £24-£34 but you get all the cannons and extra bits in lead and the hull is one heck of a lump of resin (as I said good value) and the dowel for masts. So far I have this Pirate ship and an 8 Gun ship, I plan a few more before the end. These models require a bit of modelling before painting so will be a fresh change from speed painting.


3 comments:

  1. Madness, just madness. I thought I was a fast painter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going James, I just can't wait to see those Pirates - Arrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more ships the better James, avast me hearties!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete