Friday, 4 January 2013

Painting Ronin Day 16

First thing tonight is a big thumbs up to the company Foundry Miniatures I took advantage of their new bonus pack offers to carry on my North West Frontier idea, I already have on order 60 Afghans so it was the empire forces I needed I love the foundry stuff so I ordered 8 packs getting two more free. Within 48h of placing the order the postman brought me a box of shiny metal today.
Next for my soap box is things you fear when painting, I hate free hand (because I am no good at it). Now it works out to be a vicious circle because you never get better because you never try it. So I now try and do a bit of free hand on figures when its needed. The Hussars I am doing are the Deaths Head so need that symbol on them, it should be on the hat but I could not fit it on there so I found a place that looks good but is not so "in your face" that people will question the skill.
As you can tell I have pushed along with the Hussarsand they are now ready for dip, along with the French and American regulars.


I have a ruck load of figures to photograph and send off to Curt (so as not to overload him I am grouping my work together)
Any way one more shift till the weekend when I should be able to fit in a little extra prep work, that reminds me I got a box from Perry Miniatures today too which contained the Samurai for my entry fee and some cav for FIW plus a box of civies.

Peace James



2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the skull. Free hand is something most painters worry about. I certainly do. These figures do look very good by the way

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey your really getting through the lead pile James, I think you need a holiday from painting for a couple of weeks!!

    ReplyDelete