Friday, 21 December 2012

Painting Ronin Day 2

I thought that if you are planning to follow me along in this painting challenge that I had best fill you in on me a bit.
So here I am in my man cave, as you can see what it lacks in floor space it makes up for in shelf space believe it or not but there is another shelf to the left of the camera. I am 39 so big year next year, I work in Warehouse distribution on the night shift I work 22:00-06:00 Mon-Fri I have been happily married to Liz for 16 years and have a great Step daughter Melissa who graduated this year and is in her first job as a teaching assistant. I returned this summer to team sports in the form of Hockey (that field Hockey for you lot over the pond) and have found it great fun and good for my health too.
Enough about me on to the painting, as hoped I finished the Indians today below is the last WIP shot I will be sending finished pictures off to Curt after basing is done tomorrow. I only got down the base coat on the Highlanders skin, but as it is my last night shift of the year tonight I will have plenty of time to paint over the holiday period (as long as Sky keep putting on good ballet for Liz to watch)


10 comments:

  1. Excellent stuff James. I'm sure I'll be seeing many figures spooling off your work table over the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, I have a feeling you are going to have your work cut out for you the way people are churning them out now.
      Peace James

      Delete
  2. I guess I have a bit more than some then. I think its what come out that matters anyway.
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks good to go mySon! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always envious of other peoples workspace perched as I am on the corner of the dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice man cave! - the lighting is very atmospheric.

    Those Indians look superb - I had better go and churn out some more Japanese to keep pace with you!

    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I can tell it is actually you on the black-white picture to the right! What a wargaming Odissey. Really look forward to see those scotish finished and based.

    Nicolas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great place to get away and paint good luck in the challenge, I'm not doing it this year so will be keeping an eye on the lads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work going on there - looking forward to seeing those Highlanders again. Happy to hear you're back into your sport too. Best wishes to you and your great family this holiday season. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good James! How do you rate the Vallajo black primer in your second pic, I've been thinking of buying some myself?

    ReplyDelete