So those of you following the challenge will have seen a "small" entry from me last night, not to rub it in but that entry alone would have put me in the top ten, Banzinga
Today I only had an hour on the brushes so not great progress but enough to feed the addiction
I would guess that after so many shots of my work space you will have seen my racks of paints, I am in the process of changing over from GW (I bought the complete range when I worked there), I like the paint but cant stand the containers. The paint seems to dry quick in their pots than others and you have to transfer the paint on to a pallet which means using an old brush or match stick. I am inherently lazy and can guarantee that if I have a old brush or match stick covered in wet paint then my hand/elbow/shirt...etc will land on it. I love the dropper bottles as you can transfer to the pallet with no fuss and they do not dry out (as long as you put the lids on). I have both the AP paints and Vallejo both give great coverage over black and offer great ranges of colors.
One thing I have found more useful these days are the variuos paint extras, I have a corner of my desk full of paint thinners, brush on gloss/matt varnish, micro sol (for transfers) and brush on undercoats.
Anyway enough of my waffle I thought I would add a few pictures of my latest challenge entry
Today I only had an hour on the brushes so not great progress but enough to feed the addiction
I would guess that after so many shots of my work space you will have seen my racks of paints, I am in the process of changing over from GW (I bought the complete range when I worked there), I like the paint but cant stand the containers. The paint seems to dry quick in their pots than others and you have to transfer the paint on to a pallet which means using an old brush or match stick. I am inherently lazy and can guarantee that if I have a old brush or match stick covered in wet paint then my hand/elbow/shirt...etc will land on it. I love the dropper bottles as you can transfer to the pallet with no fuss and they do not dry out (as long as you put the lids on). I have both the AP paints and Vallejo both give great coverage over black and offer great ranges of colors.
One thing I have found more useful these days are the variuos paint extras, I have a corner of my desk full of paint thinners, brush on gloss/matt varnish, micro sol (for transfers) and brush on undercoats.
Anyway enough of my waffle I thought I would add a few pictures of my latest challenge entry
A small entry it was not James! But very nice indeed! Keep it up, or rather don't keep it up! he he!
ReplyDeletemade the move to Vallejo last year and agree with everything you say regarding quality and ease of use. More cracking work on the bench too.
ReplyDelete