Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Painting Ronin Day 27

Finally finished my large unit of ECW Cav, not the end of figures from this era as still have another unit of 12 Warlord games Cav to build and paint. The ones I have just done were a great Ebay purchase and seem to be mostly old foundry figures with a few Perry's horse's. I have to apply the static grass and some grass clumps before I can hit these with varnish.
I have sorted out the next targets for my brushes, I will be doing 12 Front Rank French Light troops, I have a pack of 24 half will be based on square base's and used as light troops for our SYW French army, these 12 are on the good old round base's that will be used for the FIW.
I have a lot of Front Rank figures and I love the chunky look of them, I think this goes back to my first gaming with Colonial figures made by Mike's Models (great chubby 15mm). The second unit I will be doing over the next few day will be the last unit of an Arthurian Roman Foundry Army.
I have placed an order with foundry for a horde of Hill Tribesman to use in my Afghan skirmish games. I am sure that my lead pile will be smaller after the challenge that at the start but in these first few weeks I am just about breaking even with stuff painted against new lead.
Any way got to wrap up warm ready for work tonight, spare a though for all us night shift workers who have to work in these cold night conditions.
Peace James



No comments:

Post a Comment