Sunday, 27 January 2013

Painting Ronin Day 39

As you may have noticed I had no post yesterday, that was due to one of those days that you hope never come around again. It started with getting to work just before the snow storm that closed the M6 I was the only supervisor on site (so in charge of the whole site) and you can imagine how things were in a distribution company when nothing can move around site or on/off it. Then just when the snow stopped my daughter called me in the early hours of the morning to tell me my wife had taken a fall at home and damaged her shoulder. I had to tell her to phone an ambulance as I was stuck on site. In the end I left an hour early and met then at casualty in time for the Dr to tell her she had broken her upper arm.
 Not a lot of painting was done yesterday as I fussed over my wife, but the stress induced insomnia let me catch up over night. I was able to finish all on my painting table and get them covered in dip, so tomorrow I can dull coat them and take some pictures.
Anyone who is doing a bit of dipping or plenty of base work might be interested in the brushes I found at Tesco @ only £1.95, they do not last super long but at that price its not too much worry.
I have been doing more work on my 15mm Para's not got the hang of taking pictures of them yet but I think you can jut about see where I am up to.


I think this week is going to be a French SYW Cav week, I have 5 x8 Heavy Cav 1 x8 Dragoons and 2 x12 Hussars below you can see the first 2 Heavy Cav units undercoated and on the table ready to go.
So thats my plans for the week ahead but things may change with my wife being stuck at home with only one arm, so if I miss a day or two with my post's you will have to forgive me.
Also I am thinking of making it down to Salute this year it was 1992 last time I made it, I understand most UK gamer try to make it their but what day are you guys going to be there because if I am making the trip down would be great to get face time with any of you that wanted to.




4 comments:

  1. Great looking production. I am particularly impressed with the camo on the 15mm paras! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, the paras camo looks spot on!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely up for Salute (Bernard too -I reckon)
    Keep up the great work (home and table)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness James, what a horrendous night, but glad to hear that the wife is safely home. With regards to Salute, definitely hoping to be there again and to my recollection it is now only one day, I believe this year will be April 20th.

    ReplyDelete