So today I return to work (boo hiss), this means I will be going back to bed at 16:30 for 3-4 hours sleep before work so I lose a little painting time. I have been painting a lot of irregular units (mainly for FIW) these take longer to paint due to changing paint all the time. As way of a rest I have dug out the French infantry for the SYW and completed the base's, as you can see below I have undercoated them in black then over in white only from above this gives them a bit of pre-shading.
The next thing to do is paint the hat and various other bits back to black, while painting the base's I took the time to work the next unit of Hussars base's
I finished the two canoes today so I wanted to try some thing I have wanted to do for a while, make a water base. I put tape all round the base to form a seal and have poured in the water effect I bought years ago (I wonder if it goes off) I now have to wait 24 hours to see if it works.
So all in all I had a productive first day of the new year, I cant get away with painting at work but can just about get away with a bit of prep work so I think I will fill my work bag with french and sneak a bit in tonight. A couple of last shots first the current crop on the painting table, and I have been letting myself down with my photos of finished figures so I dug out my light tent my desk lamp will swing in from the right to give a second light and hopefully this should improve the end product (cant be worse).
The next thing to do is paint the hat and various other bits back to black, while painting the base's I took the time to work the next unit of Hussars base's
I finished the two canoes today so I wanted to try some thing I have wanted to do for a while, make a water base. I put tape all round the base to form a seal and have poured in the water effect I bought years ago (I wonder if it goes off) I now have to wait 24 hours to see if it works.
So all in all I had a productive first day of the new year, I cant get away with painting at work but can just about get away with a bit of prep work so I think I will fill my work bag with french and sneak a bit in tonight. A couple of last shots first the current crop on the painting table, and I have been letting myself down with my photos of finished figures so I dug out my light tent my desk lamp will swing in from the right to give a second light and hopefully this should improve the end product (cant be worse).
Nice progress on all of your figures. I'm surprised to see the figures already based on stands prior to painting. Best, Dean
ReplyDelete