Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Viking Progress

put another hour into the Vikings today, painted the wolf pelts. After a bit of google-fu to look at pictures I settled on a simple but I think effective way to paint these pelts. From a black undercoat I drybrushed with a dark grey, then over brushed with two lighter greys, I then washed the whole pelt with a dark brown wash and went over with the lightest grey again. I painted the nose black and then with first a brown wash and then a thin line of black wash put a park patch down what would be the spine of the wolf. I am very happy with the result and it did not take too long.


worked on the metals and trousers on the leader too.

finally I did an hour on the next three BB figures




11 comments:

  1. "Bearskin on my back, wolf jaw on my head
    Valhall awaits me, when I'm dead."
    -Amon Amarth

    Lovely piece of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the guys n the wolf pelts James, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pelts look nice - these look like the gripping Beast beserkers - I have a unit in my Viking army - it either does really, really well or really, really bad which makes fielding it on the table a whole lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good mate. I like your flesh tones especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good work but I'm partial to your Berserkers. They are my favorite Viking unit in SAGA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice painting mate, Berserkers in SAGA are fragile but hard hitting, shield em with orher units then make sure they hit a bigger more expensive unit so they earn more than their points cost when they die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those vikings are looking really good. The wolf pelt looks really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola
    Buenas piezas,me gustan las pieles
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work as always, James. Hey, I think I know those green guys! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete