Loki and I have a little Community Currency trade on the go I am painting and providing an Irish SAGA force and Loki is kitting me out with wargames terrain so I can once again game at home. I had agreed to create a 6pts SAGA force but once I started I got a little carried away and have ended up painting 9pts. The Irish can swap Hearthguard for champions so one unit of 4 Hearthguard are painted as 4 champion figures so he has the choice. In total he has one Levy slingers, 2 javelin/spear armed Warriors and 1 Irish wolfhound unit (act as warriors). In total there are 5 Hearthguard units one which is 4 champions and 6 of them have Dane axes. I finished off with a figure that when looking at research looks to have been modeled on a picture of the king of Ireland and a little diorama with a leader and his faithful Hound and Druid.
And now to the pictures first unit is the unit of champions, and at the end is a group shot. I will pack them up tomorrow and they will travel up with me to Morecambe where I am meeting up with Loki and Kev at my Dad's so we can do a run through of the BforC game (you never know the odd game of SAGA may happen)
On top of all the work on the SAGA Irish I am trying to complete a hearthguard unit for my Dads Vikings so he can up his force to 6pts (using some celt slingers we already have). I am working on a couple of Leaders too.
I have also completed the Banana Bunch Guards
And now to the pictures first unit is the unit of champions, and at the end is a group shot. I will pack them up tomorrow and they will travel up with me to Morecambe where I am meeting up with Loki and Kev at my Dad's so we can do a run through of the BforC game (you never know the odd game of SAGA may happen)
On top of all the work on the SAGA Irish I am trying to complete a hearthguard unit for my Dads Vikings so he can up his force to 6pts (using some celt slingers we already have). I am working on a couple of Leaders too.
I have also completed the Banana Bunch Guards
The Irish and vikings look great. I love how the dogs look. What are the bananna bunch guards from/for?
ReplyDeletethey are Carls Pulp Fiction figures I am painting them as a prize.
DeleteLovely work on those paddies, particularly the plaid. Very nice indeed :)
ReplyDeleteDave
Job well done then :)
ReplyDeletePeace James
see you Saturday
Beautiful work, Andrews very lucky!
ReplyDeleteGreat looking troops, your work with the clothes is really excellent!
ReplyDeleteVery nice job. Ought to cause some havoc!
ReplyDelete:O)
Sweet! I love 'em, and lucky Loki! My fav of all is the warlord base. That is inspirational.
ReplyDeleteI was JUST emailing a friend about painting Irish for Saga so
I'll be back for inspiration. Thanks James!
Sweet great looking warband the banana bunch are great!
ReplyDeleteCracking stuff! The leaders are looking really good indeed, even half finished.
ReplyDeleteNice work on the Irish warband James.
ReplyDeleteAs for Fran's figures, all I have to say is
"One banana, two banana, three banana, four
Four bananas make a bunch and so do many more"
They look tremendous James and really tie together beautifully.
ReplyDeleteGreat work Sir .
ReplyDeleteVery, very nice James.
ReplyDeleteMmmmm are we going to see these this weekend?
The Irish are looking great James!!
ReplyDeleteSuperb work James. Really love the command stand.
ReplyDelete