Sunday, 23 June 2013

Books that Inspire me to Paint (part 4)

At Crydee, a frontier outpost in the tranquil Kingdom of the Isles, an orphan boy, Pug, is apprenticed to a master magician—and the destinies of two worlds are changed forever.

Suddenly the peace of the Kingdom is destroyed as mysterious alien invaders swarm the land. Pug is swept up into the conflict but for him and his warrior friend, Tomas, an odyssey into the unknown has only just begun.

Tomas will inherit a legacy of savage power from an ancient civilization. Pug’s destiny is to lead him through a rift in the fabric of space and time to the mastery of the unimaginable powers of a strange new magic.

This is my favourate book ever, I have read it several times and have the final ever book in this series Magicians End is sitting on my desk awaiting my summer holiday. My WFB Nippon army was based on this book.
(I had an odd error with this post it did not show all txt so I have rewritten it)

8 comments:

  1. I love that book. It's as naive as high fantasy can get but I still love it. Read first when I was a kid, then re-read last year. Still have to finish the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this one at least three times and it's also one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of Feist too. I always felt the books had the air of a 'replay' about them, like the Tracy Hickman/Margaret Weis DnD books, but that only adds to the charm for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad and I think he might be a gamer and play out some of the battles, they have that feel for me

      Delete
  4. I am going to have to check this out. Seems to be a good read. Been looking for my next audio book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James:

    Nice intro - your Nippon army sounds very fascinating. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was ace, another of those army's I wish I had not sold off.

      Delete