Thursday, 27 June 2013

Blog-Con 2013




I am very happy to be able to announce that Wargames Foundry have agreed to host Blog-Con 2013 at their Foundry in Nottingham over the weekend of November 9th/10th.
What I want is for all you bloggers to have a great time be able to catch up face to face and also try out some different games. I would like anyone who would like to bring a game along to contact me with what game it is how much space they will need and how long a game will last. When I have a list of what games are going to be put on I will produce a list, while I do not want to get all formal and do sign up lists I think we will need to give the people putting on some idea of how many gamers want to try their game. My hope is that with a good bit of publicity we may get a few non-bloggers showing up and trying out a few games. If we can encourage some new wargamers then all the better also it would be nice if we can encourage along any youngsters. I have set up a new blog that I want to run as a community blog, anyone who wants to post on it just needs to let me know their email address so I can set them up as authors, on this blog you can tell all about the game you are putting on or maybe the painting/terrain demo you want to put on or simply can offer a lift to the venue. I will be giving the blog address to Marcus and it will be linked to the Foundry Website.
Foundry Miniatures Ltd
24-34 St marks Street
Nottingham NG3 1DE
United Kingdom

View Larger Map

The image below can be used on any of your blogs to promote the event. Lets show the hobby world that Bloggers can be the heart and sole of our hobby, I would love it if we can use are enthusiasm and passion to encourage a new generation of wargamers


 

25 comments:

  1. Sounds excellent! Well done GI James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Wish that I didn't have the whole Atlantic Ocean to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea might be able to attend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could go. Sounds like it will be a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds cool! I was just there in March - while waiting for some figures to be cast, went across the street a bit and ate at, of all places, a Korean restaurant. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news, I will have a think about what game I can transport and run on the day and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basic tables and scatter terrain available at Foundry

      Delete
    2. Ok, great. Very well done for organising this btw.

      GI James does it again!

      Delete
  7. It's definitely feasible, although I'd probably have to limit myself to one day.... hmmmmm let the planing and scheming commence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be great to see guys be it one day or two

      Delete
  8. You're a man of action James! From concept to bookings in 72 hours...

    Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was nearer a few weeks but I always say strike while iron is hot

      Delete
  9. Well done. I was about to ask you if I could design a website for the vent (as part of my night studying courses). But you beat me to it.
    I'll put a wordon my blog, and think about a game.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you want to design a website go for it, to be honest I am hoping this will become an annual thing

      Delete
    2. Cool.

      I'll think about it and make some sketches first.
      Yummy

      Delete
  10. Unbelievable progress, I'll pop the dates in the diary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sir was sort of hoping it would not be too far North for you lot down their.
      dont forget you passports :)

      Delete
  11. I can bring the cowboys!

    Dates noted..

    Maybe even a demo on soldering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great was hoping some cowbays would show up fancy trying them myself

      Delete
  12. Going in the diary. Very efficient by anybody's standards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds great James, I'm not sure if I will be able to make if from the wild north but I'll give it a bash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds fantastic, James. Well done indeed, Sir! I'll certainly see if I can make it!

    ReplyDelete