Thursday, 20 June 2013

Interested in a Blogger Convention?


Picture niked from Rays blog (thats why he is tagged as ME)
I have been so impressed with how well the bloggers for charity game has been supported by the blog community that I have been thinking of another idea. I do strongly believe that we are a strong community we have a great mix of characters and seem to care about each other’s hobby needs and beyond. I am thinking about looking into organising and planning a Bloggers Convention, my idea would be a get together where people commit to bringing along and running various games (mostly I would think skirmish level) this way we can share our love of whatever system we play and get the chance to see and play new systems. I would plan a painting area where the painters could swap tips and share skills maybe even have some painters doing demos.

As I say it is just the start of an idea but I have let on to a couple of fellow bloggers who did not shoot it down so I want to put it out in the blogosphere and get some feedback. I have a few questions I would need answers for.

1.      Would you attend a Bloggers Convention (will be UK based this time)

2.      One day or two

3.      Would you want any competitions

4.      Would you bring a game or just attend as a punter

5.      Would you be interested in speakers

6.      Would you be interested in workshops

7.      What time of year ( I am leaning toward early November)

 

If you could take the time to read this and give me some feedback, also share it with as many wargames bloggers as you can. If I get enough positive response I will continue with my enquiries and keep you in the loop.

 

Peace James

16 comments:

  1. Insomnia again Loki?
    cheers for feedback

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan!!!!!

    1. Yep!
    2. Don't mind, but 2 might be good, I'll have to ask the mrs???
    3. Don't mind?
    4. Don't mind doing a game.
    5. yeh, why not??
    6. Yes, but how the hell are we going to fit this all in?
    7. I'm easy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.Yes.
    2.Either but if only one day make the show hours longer.
    3.Yes, so I could win stuff:D
    4.Don't mind.
    5.Yes.
    6.Yes.
    7.November would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Would you attend a Bloggers Convention (will be UK based this time)

    2. One day or two

    3. Would you want any competitions

    4. Would you bring a game or just attend as a punter

    5. Would you be interested in speakers

    6. Would you be interested in workshops

    7. What time of year ( I am leaning toward early November)

    1. Yes if it was affordable
    2. I think one longer day (go into evening?) would be best
    3. No need for comps as we would be too busy chatting
    4. I would be happy to bring a game along or just chill
    5. Speakers would be good if restricted to just a few
    6. Painting workshops would be good, or better yet terrain
    7. November would be good, just before all that Christmas stuff starts to kick into gear

    Really good idea, save us taking over shows LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. yes
    2. either
    3. no ta
    4. would bring a game
    5. no
    6. no
    7. lots of notice please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea, Jaems. I would love to attend and chum around with you all. Will have to read the reports on all of the great blogs, though. Warm Regards, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Would you attend a Bloggers Convention (will be UK based this time)- Yes I certainly would.

    2. One day or two - one long day, possibly chinese or indian meal in the evening?

    3. Would you want any competitions - yes, but just straight downright fun ones, Star Wars Pod Racing for example.

    4. Would you bring a game or just attend as a punter - Both.

    5. Would you be interested in speakers - Maybe, personalities from the industry, but not at the expense of overshadowing us having fun and meeting people.

    6. Would you be interested in workshops, possibly, painting and terrain the nig ones mainly.

    7. What time of year ( I am leaning toward early November)- Novembers good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Yes
    2. either, but I would probably only do one day.
    3. Possibly, not tournament games, but a painting comp would be fun.

    4. PanzerKaput and I put on a game at Partizan each year, off the back of that I would certainly consider coming up with a game.

    5. Yes

    6. Possibly

    7. Early November would be good, but its creeping quite close to xmas and on a personal note my wedding anniversary is early November so might have to negotiate with the wife!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. - Certainly consider it.
    2. - Probably only get away with one!
    3. - Couldn't hurt
    4. - Probably just attend as a punter.
    5. - Yes
    6. - Yes
    7. - End of October might be better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Yep

    2. Either, but could it stretch to two if the numbers are low and we all hate each other?

    3. I'm not sure we'd have time given the other suggested options. However, if there are to be competitions, I'd opt for wet T-shirt, knobbly knees and strip snap.

    4. Probably safer to attend as a punter.

    5. O.K., skipping the obvious open goal for a joke, i think some speakers would be good, but that would then depend on the topics etc.

    6. Yes

    7. Any date will find a conflict with the Boss' calendar, so I'll go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pearce just picked up your posting really interesting?

    1. Yes, might it be easier to tag to the existing conference scene?

    2. One day

    3. No Scenario driven is fine.

    4. Happy to do either.

    5. No

    6. No.

    7. November is fine for me.

    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really interesting

    1. Hell yes I would if I could the time off, etc etc

    2. One Day

    3. If the competition would a illustration completion yes, no really I think competitions would be good.

    4. Could be a game and figures

    5. Yes

    6. Yes

    7. November is good for me

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1. Would you attend a Bloggers Convention (will be UK based this time)
    I would love to but might must know quite early in advance because I am coming from Germany
    2. One day or two
    One is O.K. but also two
    3. Would you want any competitions
    well maybe...why not
    4. Would you bring a game or just attend as a punter
    punter, not as easy to transport all to Britain from Germany
    5. Would you be interested in speakers
    yep
    6. Would you be interested in workshops
    totally yep
    7. What time of year ( I am leaning toward early November)
    Early November would not be so good for my as I always be in Belgium for the Crisis show (like Salute on the continent)

    But great idea with the blogger convention

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blogs are currently off line at the mo but:

    1. If possible I'll come
    2. Do not mind - if not local I'll stay first night anyway
    3. ?
    4. Think I could dig up a game - maybe even tried it / read the rule before hand
    5. Yep
    6. Depends on what - blogging / games?
    7. As long as its not snowing :-)

    Andrew
    (ex kings-sleep.me.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Yes I would come
      2) don't mind
      3) not of great interest , but may give it a try
      4) happy to bring a game
      5) yes on or two
      6) yes certainly
      7) Nov is ok , just not too late in Nov

      Delete
  15. 1. Would you attend a Bloggers Convention (will be UK based this time)

    --> Very tempted to

    2. One day or two

    --> One (easier to convince the missus)

    3. Would you want any competitions

    --> No!
    4. Would you bring a game or just attend as a punter
    --> Well, I could propose a game, but don't really have any material/ terrain pieces...

    5. Would you be interested in speakers
    --> bof...

    6. Would you be interested in workshops
    --> why not

    7. What time of year ( I am leaning toward early November)
    --> Nov looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete