Monday, 11 November 2013

A Very British Zombie War


I have been truly inspired by Dave’s great game BlazingDice, my Birthday Present Zombicide and Michael’s fantastically quirky Zombie survivor figures. I have an idea for a game bumping around my head, I have approached Dave to ask permission to use his rules as a base and Mike who will help with play testing and painting. But in a nut shell it will be as the post title says a Very British Zombie War, imagine wargaming Shaun of the Dead.

A few brief ideas I have so far are that the Zombie apocalypse will have happened so quick that the only groups to survive will have banded together where that were at the time so the factions will be along the lines of work places and groups for example Michaels great Sixth form and the police (Hasslefree do great Hot Fuzz style figures) I even have two figures in mine for some night watchman..... the Zombies will move towards the noisest area or towards blood, so a big gun may not be your best weapon. The Zombies will spawn more each turn so the quick you complete your mission the less of the undead you will face.

Also the game will be fought over truly British battle fields, Private school grounds, country Halls, picture postcard Villages. I plan to develop this game and share it on the blog any cards/ sheets I create I will make available to anyone (much as Dave does with his blazing dice). Best of all I have piqued the interest of my Daughter and her friends as play testers.


 

If all goes to plan the game will be my contribution to Blog-Con 2014.

Watch this space.

17 comments:

  1. LOL. The mind boggles. Can't wait to see where you take this. I'm not normally much of a fan of things zombie but this might just be enough to turn me (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a winning concept! Love the the image the unmistakable British terrain! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crooked Dice's 7ombieTV is quite British in it's approach to zombie outbreaks and they do some great survivors too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it James, this should be Zombilific (sorry)....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice James I like it, I noticed a dvd in the local video emporium just yesterday, title went some where along the lines of "Cockney Zombies" with a jacket comment referencing Shaun of the Dead, might be worth investigating?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cockneys Vs Zombies (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1362058/?ref_=nv_sr_1) is hilarious and a great film for this subject with one of the best, suspenseful chase scenes with slow zombies that you are ever going to witness.

      Plus it was Richard Briers' last ever film, so it's a must see.

      Delete
  6. Very interesting - I like the concept

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great, I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look forward to seeing how this develops.. Plenty of scope for mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pretty much exactly what I have in mind and one of the reasons I fell on to 7ombieTV. Zombie movies are all well and good, but I love the idea of them been set in the Uk - think 28 Days Later, Cockneys & Zombies, Shaun of the Dead. The fun, as you quite rightly predict, is taking Box Office ideas and scenarios to the humble high street. Of course this is exactly what the 7ombieTV expansion, 'for Ghouls & Colleges' deals with, a great excuse to paint up St Triinians or evan clockwork orange miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to miss Blog con..... For which I am gutted it looks from all the other blogs like it really was a top event. If you are going to do zombies next year though I would love to make it. As others have said A very British zombie war is a top notch idea.

    But mostly I want to say well done for putting Blog Con on this year. Your fellow bloggers even those who could not attend do and did appreciate it.

    Cheers mate.

    ReplyDelete