Thursday, 20 June 2013

Getting to know the Exile (Ray and Frans 20 Questions from last year)


A 20 year old Exile in his Uni days
an older and I hope wiser Exile in his 40th Year 



1. Favourite Wargaming period and why?
Seven Years War, its just such a fun era the armies and units are still as much about looking good as ebing effective. It is also the first real wargaming I did (when I say real wargaming I mean moving my Dads troops around at the club)

2. Next period, money no object?
I would love to do AWI in 40mm, it would just be one of those battlefield that would stop the traffic.

3. Favourite 5 films?
Zulu Dawn
Return of the Jedi
Lord Of the Rings (all three)

4. Favourite 5 TV series?
NCIS
Grimm
Big Bang Theory
Touch
Mr Browns Boys


5. Favourite book and author?
David Gemmell, Waylander

6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!
Singe Frost (I never beat him ever at any period)

7. Favourite Wargames rules?
WAB (back in the day)

8. Favourite Sport and team?
Rugby (both Union and league)
Sale Sharks (Union)
Castleford Tigers (league)

9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?
Zulu War to meet John Carroll

10. Last meal on Death Row?
Roast Beef and all the trimmings

11. Fantasy relationship and why?
My Grampa, he died when I was only young but we would have got on like a house on fire as we like the  same things. Never take any of your relative for granted.

12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
Nick Frost

13. Favourite Comic Superhero?
not in to comic Superheros

14. Favourite Military quote?
""no battle plan survives contact with the enemy""

15. Historical destination to visit?
Eshowe (Zululand)

16. Biggest Wargaming regret?
Selling off my Ancient Indian army

17. Favourite Fantasy job?
Full time figure painter

18. Favourite Song Top 5?
You've got a friend- James Taylor
Nothing Ever Happens- Del Amitri
American Pie- Don Mclean
Song for Whoever- Beautiful South
Brown eyed Girl-Van Morrison

19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?
Giving my Dad 2 complete 28mm SYW armies for his retirment.


20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?
Rude children, who are not dealt with by their own parents
 

5 comments:

  1. Good answers especially 5. and 20. (does my head in).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have massively plundered this post for blogging inspiration. I feel just like a pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift for your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great answers James, just love the 7YW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. James, this is one of the coolest things I've ever read. Kudos to you.

    "Giving my Dad 2 complete 28mm SYW armies for his retirement."

    ReplyDelete