I have had another of my "good ideas" while walking my dogs this morning. As I have hinted the Bloggers Convention is a definite this year I am just waiting for confirmation on the date, I have been thinking about some sort of competition and think I have the idea to end all ideas. I am going to umpire a series of Musket and Tomahawk games set in the AWI , the twist is I want international Bloggers to play the part of the Americans via Skype ( I will have my laptop)or facetime I will produce maps of the playing area for them to follow the movements but do the movment for the Internation players myself but all dice rolling and decisions are made by them. The British and Irish players will alternate between attackers and defenders in each game.
It is an idea I will make work, what I need to know if it you international bloggers would be up for this type of wargame. The score will be kept through both days and we will see who wins are own Ryder Cup.
It is an idea I will make work, what I need to know if it you international bloggers would be up for this type of wargame. The score will be kept through both days and we will see who wins are own Ryder Cup.

Sounds like an interesting idea James.
ReplyDeleteExcellent idea!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteShall have to change your name to a cunning James "Baldric"
ReplyDeleteBest of luck with that.
ReplyDeleteWe tried a transatlantic game of 40k via Skype a couple of years ago with a friend in Chicago. Alas the internet connections struggled with the video feed, leading to a rather unsatisfying outcome so we ended up playing via email over the course of a week. It still made for an amazing and fun game.
Hope you have better luck and I'll be interested to see it all unfold!
I think I will have to do plenty of testing
DeleteGreat idea James, I think it'll be a winner.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. It's also something you can test a bit to make sure the tech works and the view of the tabletop works for the remote player.
ReplyDeleteI'll give it a go and would be happy to help represent the "former" colonies as we again take up dice against a monarchy.
Please pick a battle that was won by the American forces - it's pretty easy 'cause there was only a handful of those!
I will defiantly take you up on the chance to test things out.
DeleteAn interesting idea. The key will be the stability of the internet connection on each end. I`d be willing to help you test this out.
ReplyDeleteI might take you up on that
DeleteGreat. I have sent you my skypeid through google plus.
DeleteBloddy hell. Another good idea. THough i don't if I could participate, my internet being a bit wonky.
ReplyDeleteOh, and very interesting news about the Foundry place for the bloggers conv. Might be interested too
Excellent idea! What news of the strippagram?
ReplyDeleteshe is busy that weekend :)
DeleteGreat idea. As for me it is hard to attend international conventions due to my work.
ReplyDeleteI have skype so put me on the list.
You are certainly tapping a rich vein of ideas - go for it james.
ReplyDeleteMany caveats aside, I'd be interested in this. I had a skype account once and let it fall by the wayside. Please fill me in on the details as it goes forward.
ReplyDeleteGrand idea
ReplyDelete