Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Flodden Field

Went to Etal Castle today had a great museum on the battle of Flodden. In the museum was a dio and some great suits of armour. Outside in the castle were some reenactor giving talks on the battle. Having a great holiday with plenty of castles. (this is a week old now not been able to get it to post)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great holiday. I hope your are enjoying/have enjoyed it!

    My birthday falls in the Summer holidays, so we had a bit of a family tradition of always going to a castle to celebrate. We never made these particular ones, but they look worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures. That was a nice diorama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James, we must have missed each other by only just a week! We stayed in Northumbria as well this year, just down from Bamburgh. Etal, Ford and Norham are great places to go. I am very jealous as I've always wanted to go to Hermitage and I've not made it there so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as though you are having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that looks like a nice place to visit. Wonderful looking castle and countryside. The reenactors are also very cool. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete