Yes folks the end of days must be near James has played a wargame.......
Mike invited me over to try out X-wing, I bought this when it was first released but have just not found the time to try it out.
It did not take us long to get the hang of the game and I must say as I have read on other posts about this game, you really get the feel of being in a dog fight. We managed to fit in 3 short games before the call of tea lead me home again.
Having played a few games I am even more sure that on the Sunday at Blog-con we should get everyone who has any X-wing figures to bring them along and have a mass game of good against evil.
I took a few pictures of our games, while I am sure we got some things wrong and did not use any of the advanced rules, we both had a blast and will defiantly be doing this again.
I have finished painting my Dads 4pts of saga Vikings, as we have sun I will take them out in the morning and take some group shots tomorrow and create a post with those.
Peace James
Mike invited me over to try out X-wing, I bought this when it was first released but have just not found the time to try it out.
It did not take us long to get the hang of the game and I must say as I have read on other posts about this game, you really get the feel of being in a dog fight. We managed to fit in 3 short games before the call of tea lead me home again.
Having played a few games I am even more sure that on the Sunday at Blog-con we should get everyone who has any X-wing figures to bring them along and have a mass game of good against evil.
I took a few pictures of our games, while I am sure we got some things wrong and did not use any of the advanced rules, we both had a blast and will defiantly be doing this again.
I have finished painting my Dads 4pts of saga Vikings, as we have sun I will take them out in the morning and take some group shots tomorrow and create a post with those.
Peace James




I so nearly bought X-Wing at the Battlegroup South Show at Bovington yesterday. It was a close thing but Perry's plastics got the last of my cash instead! X-Wing does look great fun and I haven't read a bad word about it on any blogs at all.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Jason
Good against Evil? Yup, we really must see the Galactic Empire crush those nasty rebel fanatics :)
ReplyDeleteRecently played this with my mate Vinnie, really enjoyable but I'm waiting for the Star Trek version coming out in August I believe!
ReplyDeleteAnother X-wing convert eh? I am not looking to getting into this but I know I would love it!!
ReplyDeleteIan
Looks like a fun game. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun with X-wing
ReplyDelete