Thursday, 11 July 2013

Carts and Boobies

So its still hot hot hot in Crewe so while I did manage a couple of hours on the brushes it was in the end to hot to continue. I still wanted to do something hobby wise and I remembered Dad had sent me some 4Ground carts when he became too frustrated trying to build one. I dug them out and must say I had a blast making the first two.
I guess I am getting ahead of myself because I did get a bit of painting done namely some more of the BB figures, my client has asked about the progress so I have taken a picture of the finished figures (the bases are still to be completed and numbers added).


So on to my cart building, I did enjoy making these and have a few points if you are planning a go yourself. Dry fit all bits before applying glue. Each piece is attached to the wood by one small section if you find that use a sharp knife on it and the bit will just fall out easy. Before sticking bits together check which side has the laser etched details on and make sure that is the outside. Below are a few WIP shots of the second cart and a shot of both completed.



And finally the title promised Boobies.
A Blue Footed Booby



11 comments:

  1. The carts look nice. Will they hold up to regular play though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should do with the amount of wood glue I used :) I think they would be better based up in a static type of display

      Delete
  2. Great looking carts, but I feel a little cheated at the boobies! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carts do look nice, will you finish up by painting them?

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the look of the carts. Need to get some myself! As for boobies.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel cheated!

    oh, and very nice cart btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work on the BB team and the cart looks very good. Thanks for the Boobies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahah! I wish I'd thought of this to go with all the innuendo about my apse!

    ReplyDelete