Early start for me today, was up at the crows fart and walking my dogs. After a spot of breakfast I jumped into my car and headed over the Pennines. I must say that it was a stunning drive the views were so great I had to stop a few time and take some pictures.
Yes those are Highland cows!!! made me feel I was almost on my Summer holidays. So I arrived at Andrews a little before 9 were I got to see where the magic of Terra Firma Studios That was a real treat after a nice cup of tea and a good chat we jumped into Andrew's car and headed over to Kev's I have to say that Kev's wargames room is a little bit of wargames heven. I had come over so we could talk all things Bloggers for Charity and Blog-Con but also so I could try my first games of Saga. The first game I used Andrews Vikings against Kev's Anglo-danes and found that as I have read several times that Saga is a very easy game to pick up the mechanics but I can see it taking a fair while for me to know what works best and when. I was supposed to be trying to kill Kev's warlord but got a bit carried away just killing stuff and totally fails to get near him till the last turn when I tried a death or glory charge from a unit of hearthguard (which failed) Kev won the game on victory points. (Pictures of first game below)
The second game I dug out my Dads Vikings I had with me and Andrew joined the fun with some Jomsvikings and we had a three way blood bath. This game was great fun and inclueded a half time roast dinner by Kev's wife Charlie (along with home made apple pie). After Lunch Kev and I got down to taking Andrews force apart piece by piece. When the dust settled I was declared the winner due to having killed more of Andrews that Kev did. All in all I enjoyed a cracking day two great games and we had some great brain storming about the Bloggers for Charity game where we are going to do a few test games using M&T then with a mixed of M&T/ Black powder and finally with pure Black powder.
Finally the Two Saga Hounds mentioned in the title (I will leave you to decide which two I mean)
So I would like to say a huge thank you to Andrew and Kev for showing me the Saga ropes (or should that be dice), also a big thank you to Charlie for cooking a stonking Sunday roast on a day that was too hot to be slaving in a kitchen. Next time I will try and host these two over this side of the Pennines (although we might all be first heading up to the seaside to try out the test games for Bloggers for charity with my Dad)
Yes those are Highland cows!!! made me feel I was almost on my Summer holidays. So I arrived at Andrews a little before 9 were I got to see where the magic of Terra Firma Studios That was a real treat after a nice cup of tea and a good chat we jumped into Andrew's car and headed over to Kev's I have to say that Kev's wargames room is a little bit of wargames heven. I had come over so we could talk all things Bloggers for Charity and Blog-Con but also so I could try my first games of Saga. The first game I used Andrews Vikings against Kev's Anglo-danes and found that as I have read several times that Saga is a very easy game to pick up the mechanics but I can see it taking a fair while for me to know what works best and when. I was supposed to be trying to kill Kev's warlord but got a bit carried away just killing stuff and totally fails to get near him till the last turn when I tried a death or glory charge from a unit of hearthguard (which failed) Kev won the game on victory points. (Pictures of first game below)
The second game I dug out my Dads Vikings I had with me and Andrew joined the fun with some Jomsvikings and we had a three way blood bath. This game was great fun and inclueded a half time roast dinner by Kev's wife Charlie (along with home made apple pie). After Lunch Kev and I got down to taking Andrews force apart piece by piece. When the dust settled I was declared the winner due to having killed more of Andrews that Kev did. All in all I enjoyed a cracking day two great games and we had some great brain storming about the Bloggers for Charity game where we are going to do a few test games using M&T then with a mixed of M&T/ Black powder and finally with pure Black powder.
Finally the Two Saga Hounds mentioned in the title (I will leave you to decide which two I mean)
| Thor Loki's new Dog |
| Frodo Kev and Charlies Dog |
So I would like to say a huge thank you to Andrew and Kev for showing me the Saga ropes (or should that be dice), also a big thank you to Charlie for cooking a stonking Sunday roast on a day that was too hot to be slaving in a kitchen. Next time I will try and host these two over this side of the Pennines (although we might all be first heading up to the seaside to try out the test games for Bloggers for charity with my Dad)
Now that is what it is all about! What a fabulous day out and great looking games.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day you had there and coupled with a good game, heavenly
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great day was had by all! Well done chaps!
ReplyDeleteLooks like it was fun. Thor looked sleepy.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day--looks like you had a great time.
ReplyDeleteNow that was a good sounding and looking day boys!
ReplyDeleteI think our day was a bit cooler than yours in posties shed but both groups seem to have had a blast
DeleteGreat day with great friends.
ReplyDeleteNuff said really.
As Andy said, a mahooosive thanks to the blogosphere.
you have it right there
ReplyDeleteGutted I was working boys :-(
ReplyDeleteNext time buddy, I am sure this will not be the last transpenine gaming day, they have even offered to come over our way next time.
DeleteWell done! You know how to enjoy
ReplyDelete