So I had a great two week summer holiday, I saw plenty of castles and boarder towers. On top of that I even did a little hobby work I had taken loads of GB plastic Saxons which I built about 40-50 shown below.
Upon my return I have thrown myself back into my painting as I have loads on the table awaiting paint. I started on Carls pulp figures, while the sculpts are fantastic the colors were not my fav, yellow and white are not the easiest from a black undercoat. For the yellow I use a base coat of orange and then the yellow each takes multiple layers to get a good cover. I was very happy with the results and will crack on with the other 5.
Also I worked on some French and Indian War Forest Indians from AW Miniatures, I have loads of these to paint and am enjoying them greatly, just WIP at the moment but getting there.
I have also been prepping like a mad man, loads of Vikings and Saxons and Irish but more of that later. Its great to be back I was not able to follow posts while away so sorry for anything I have missed I will try and catch up with all your blogs over the next week.
Peace James
Upon my return I have thrown myself back into my painting as I have loads on the table awaiting paint. I started on Carls pulp figures, while the sculpts are fantastic the colors were not my fav, yellow and white are not the easiest from a black undercoat. For the yellow I use a base coat of orange and then the yellow each takes multiple layers to get a good cover. I was very happy with the results and will crack on with the other 5.
Also I worked on some French and Indian War Forest Indians from AW Miniatures, I have loads of these to paint and am enjoying them greatly, just WIP at the moment but getting there.
I have also been prepping like a mad man, loads of Vikings and Saxons and Irish but more of that later. Its great to be back I was not able to follow posts while away so sorry for anything I have missed I will try and catch up with all your blogs over the next week.
Peace James
You're out of the gate at a run! Great start James and welcome back. Looking forward to some Dark Ages goodness.
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back
ReplyDeleteGood looking stuff, I particularly like the Indians.
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed your hols and nice tosee you're straight back onto it, figures that is???
ReplyDeleteGreat to have you back James and straight into the hobby I see.
ReplyDeleteLove the Indians.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back mate, thought you gone into.....uh....exile!
ReplyDelete