Friday, 19 July 2013

It ain't arf Hot Mum!!

Over the last few days I have forced myself to do at least a bit of painting, it has totaled the flesh on some Welsh bowmen and the grey on some F&IW French and that is it 5 days and two colours added......
So I have been working on a bit of prep, I have been basing and prepping Irish SAGA and some Saxons for my Dux B force. I have my leaders kindly donated by Loki and the rest of the force will be made up of GB Plastics ( great fun and quick to put together BTW)


and after all that effort tonight it is even too hot to sit in the painting room for more than an hour, I cant walk the dogs yet either so taking my chance to post on the blog. I was very pleased to see that my last post got so much response I do so love getting you all thinking.
Lastly I have to say I do so love the new technology I already love the fact I have all my music on my phone but now I can also keep up with the ashes and the open while still painting (or prepping see above)
That's all for now I am off to make a cold drink hope you all find a cold hour to get our brushes wet.
Peace James



17 comments:

  1. Not dipped a brush for a couple of weeks myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The train journey to and from London was a bit dsmp, veal calves had more space and air!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a cold one at the moment but it's turning fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just asked the wife to bring an ice cream back from the shop what more can you do

      Delete
  4. I hear you pain but I have work to do in a 6'x8' office with 3 PC's and no fan or AC, it gets little better when out of the office (and thats at night)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here! Yesterday I started painting at ten in the evening and stopped a quarter past ten. Just to hot!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I can say that I am about to dip a brush or two, need to finish off three batts of Prussian 6mm before starting a bunch of 15mm ECW, oh the life LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me. I don't think it's too hot; I'm enjoying it (and yes, I'm getting some painting done).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dont get me wrong I like the hot weather (I lived in Cyprus for 12 years) its just my painting room gets the afternoon sun so heats up all day

      Delete
  8. So freaking hot and humid here. The heat I can deal with, but the humidity is a killer (45C today with humidex!), I litterally sweat all over my figures after 5 minutes of painting!

    Almost no painting done the last 2 weeks... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im lucky and the odd one out, got a tiled floored kitchen at back of owse, in shade, never gets hot so I'm doing a bit of painting, wifes good enough to let me hijack the kitchen table too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm sitting in a 12 x 15 foot weighbridge, with window all the way round. Its cooling down now but you can't open the window for fear of being invaded by literally hundreds of flies from the recycling depot over the road, not to mention the bloody stink from it..................oh the joy!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who would have though that we would all be moaning about how hot the summer is? I've managed to get some terrain bits and bobs done though.

    ReplyDelete