Friday, 26 July 2013

Exiles Painting Table closed for 2 weeks

Well the time is hear, I have been looking forward to my summer holiday since I booked it last September. In the morning after a brief kip I load up Big Blue and set off to Scotland.
I am staying for two weeks in an old Shepherds Cottage, that's not a cottage owned by an old shepherd but an old cottage that was used by the farms shepherd up until the last lot of foot and mouth in the early 00's (it still has the gun safe in one of the rooms) In that outbreak the farm lost its flock and the shepherd retired, the Farmer applied to turn the cottage into a holiday let and that is what it is now. It is about a mile off the road from Langholm to Hawick and is my happy place this will be the third year we have stayed.
This area is steeped in history as it is the area the Boarder Reivers were active and we will be looking at plenty of castles and museums.
I am also taking my boys back to their ancestral home, (they are in fact both from Wales).
I know you are wondering what this post has to do with our hobby but he it comes, as I stated in the last but one post I need to build a Anglo-Dane force and had ordered some more GB plastics, the boys at GB pulled all the stops out and I had the figures within 24 hours so I have packed them along with snips files and glue. I will be able to build all the figures while on holiday and get straight into painting when I return.
 I have the blogger app on my phone so hope to be able to share pictures of castles and anything else that could be hobby related.
Anyway have a good couple of weeks guys I should be able to read some blogs while away but not sure if I can comment so do not think I am being rude.
Peace James


7 comments:

  1. Have a good holiday and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hard core, taking figs on vacation. I think my wife might rebel if I tried it!

    Enjoy your time away with family. It will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great holiday

    ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the best, James. I bet your boys are going to love their homeland too. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete