Thursday, 9 May 2013

Bloggers for Charity (Battle of La Blooger-Family)

Morning Gents/Ladies,
  I have already contacted a few fellow bloggers and got a good response so thought I would just put this out there and see what I get back. Since the blogger meet up at Salute I have had an idea flitting around my brian. If we are happy to meet up why not meet up with a purpose. I am thinking that we could have a blogger Demo game at Tripples 2014, but we would also try and raise money for charity. The idea is that we put on a big game of Musket and Tomahawk but as a twist, we as a community paint up the opposing forces and run a raffle (on blogger and at the show) the winner of the raffle wins the painted figures used in the demo.
  I have been looking at battles to fight using Musket and Tomahawk that gives us a good mix of units and figures and fallen upon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_La_Belle-Famille   or as we should call it The Battle of La Blogger-Family,in this battle a smaller British force with Indian and American allies ambushed a larger French relief column containing regular french and lights plus plenty of Indians. Using M&T points we are looking at about 600pts of Brits and 1000pts of French.

Brits:
46th Foot -12
44th Foot -12
60th Foot -12
New York Regt -12
Light company -8
Rangers -8
Iroquois -6

French:
5 Line Companies - 5x12
1 Grenadier Company -12
1 De La Marine -12
6 Indian units -6x6

I think we should be able to cover terrain between all bloggers that join in. The lead costs would be spread between all taking part, I am thinking we get as many people involved as possible. Some might just paint a General or one unit of Indians while other can churn out Reg units, we have 12 months so no rush. Some bloggers might just want to attend the show and play the game one day or both. Also we might have bloggers with other skills like creating great posters and IT. I will put myself forward as the quartermaster I will distribute the figures for painting and make sure all gets done. What I need for now is for you all to spread the word around the blogasphere and get back to me if you want to get involved.
Peace James

Please share this any way you can

11 comments:

  1. A damn good idea James, at the moment I can't give you an answer but I do want to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Fran I understand its a bit far up North for some bloggers but if it goes well it can always be a format used again.

      Delete
    2. Like Fran said, a damn good idea, its not the "Up North" bit its the not sure we'll have a job and if we do, what kind of job we'll have at that time. If that makes any sense!! Did you just get a mention on Radio 2????

      Delete
    3. he's a one dog methane factory, but I guess he's just taking after me :)

      Delete
    4. I got a mention yesterday about my old pet rabbit Rabeena James Bond III??

      Delete
  2. I'd be willing to paint up a few figures for this; don't know about getting up for the event though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Tamsin, will be in touch when I have more meat on the bones of the plan
      Peace James

      Delete
  3. James - this is a great idea. While I probably can't make it over from the pond I can commit to painting and sending over some figs. Please let me know the brand you'd like to use and I'll pick them up now!

    I was planning to make the trip to Salute next year but maybe Tripples might be more fun!
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff Miles I have costed it up using conquest miniatures (via Warlord Games) and a few Perry Miniatures (French Grenadiers). Drop me an e-mail at exilespainting[ at] hotmail [dot] com

      Peace James

      Delete
  4. Cool Andy, will see you on the 19th

    ReplyDelete