Sunday, 30 December 2012

Painting Ronin Day11

So one of the best things about being on holiday is that I do not need to choose between painting and catching up on my TV, I can do both. One of the things I am enjoying catching up on episodes of the Big Bang Theory.
Anyone how has not seen this must give it a go, it has got me thinking though am I a geek?. I decided I needed to answer this so looked up geek:
""The word geek is a slang term for odd or non-mainstream people, with different connotations ranging from "a computer expert or enthusiast" to "a person heavily interested in a hobby", with a general pejorative meaning of "a peculiar or otherwise dis likable person, esp[ecially] one who is perceived to be overly intellectual". ""
So I guess their is no getting away from it that I am a huge geek, because I am very heavily interested in the hobby of wargames, I think if you are reading my blog, you too are a geek. And I thought that playing all that sport at School would have made me a jock :).
So what have I been doing on my painting table today?. I finished all the figures that were on my desk from yesterday and pulled over a load of new ones to start on, I have 2 cannues on the go with 12 Minutemen and 6 more Indians (bow armed) and last but not least 12 more Hussar, these I plan to paint as the DeathsHead Hussars. I have always wanted to paint this unit even though painting black uniformed troops on black horses is not the easiest thing to make look good. Below is the image of this unit I am working off.
As you can see they do have a bit of colour in the belt and straps. Anyway I did not hang around with my skirmish Afghan idea, I went online last night and found some great value Afghan warriors with one pack of 30 combat troops and 30 with jezails or muskets from Old Glory UK . Enough waffle from me but below are the WIP pictures from what is on the painting table tonight.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been a busy boy! From Ray the Geek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats does that me I am the father of a geek? That must make you Geek Geekson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking troops being put together here. Best wishes for 2013. Dean

    ReplyDelete