Been a super productive day, I finished the Highlanders and based them. I finished the Hussars and will base tomorrow and finished the civies and based them. I have taken a picture of how the days painting table finished but not got too close so as to not spoil the surprise when they show on Curts blog.
While I was doing a little research on the Indian chiefs I got a present surprise, in my uniform book for AWI the figure is almost identical to the sculpt. I guess its no surprise as the sculptors have to get their info from somewhere and they will have the same ref books as us wargame's painter. I finished all 3 chiefs and will base them up tomorrow.
I have been thinking about the games I played this week with my Dad and I can see that it would not take very much work to convert the Musket & Tomahawk rules to fit another period. My second favorite period when I was younger after the SYW was the Afghan wars (colonial era), I have been looking longingly at various figures for years but did not want to invest in big armies. I think I will now look at getting a selection of models for both sides so I can play a Skirmish game. I have some money from Santa so I might just be investing in this era soon.
Anyway I am hoping for a just as productive day tomorrow so for now I will chill out and catch up on a bit of TV.
Peace James
While I was doing a little research on the Indian chiefs I got a present surprise, in my uniform book for AWI the figure is almost identical to the sculpt. I guess its no surprise as the sculptors have to get their info from somewhere and they will have the same ref books as us wargame's painter. I finished all 3 chiefs and will base them up tomorrow.
I have been thinking about the games I played this week with my Dad and I can see that it would not take very much work to convert the Musket & Tomahawk rules to fit another period. My second favorite period when I was younger after the SYW was the Afghan wars (colonial era), I have been looking longingly at various figures for years but did not want to invest in big armies. I think I will now look at getting a selection of models for both sides so I can play a Skirmish game. I have some money from Santa so I might just be investing in this era soon.
Anyway I am hoping for a just as productive day tomorrow so for now I will chill out and catch up on a bit of TV.
Peace James
Good to know Andrew, will keep all informed how I get on
ReplyDeletePeace James
Colonial skirmish sounds good- think I will go Zulu War
ReplyDelete