Thursday, 19 September 2013

Day of Ups and Downs

What a day I have had, I was awoken at 12:30 (I work nights and get to bed at 08:00) with the type of lower leg cramp that has you looking around for a sharp implement to remove said limb. I am 2 shifts off the end of a 13 night run with only one night off, on the plus I am taking back the two missed days next week so a long weekend is on the horizon, when I woke at my normal time I needed to post a parcel off but could I find the tape to seal the box... fat chance, no problem I would call in Tesco on the way to pick up my WW (wargames widow) and buy some tape then post it at the post office round from WW's work. I parked up and limped in to the store only to stop swear and limp back to the car as I had left my wallet at home, so I arrived at WW's work 20 min early with no paper to read and a leg that was throbbing.
 Back home after my tea I went on up to do a bit of painting before walking my Scottie pack, I put the last few touches to the AW Miniatures Indian 200pt force these will be picked up by Loki for basing. I have now stated to have my Laptop open and blogger/G+ loaded so was having a chat with Loki over G+ when I noticed he had put up a post about my new terrain boards.....OMG they look fan..bloody..tastic. I can now not wait till Sunday when they will be here in my sweaty mitts. Anyway the day has taken a great upturn with that preview and I completed the flesh on a few different lots and based up a commission of Zulu War Brits that arrived today.
Anyway enough writing from me now for some pictures, the Indian force plus the flesh work on the Dux B slingers, Pulp Fiction spy's and Warlord game special figure.






14 comments:

  1. Leg cramps, errrr. not had a bad one in a few years but I can sympathise with you

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch your the third person to mention leg cramps this week. My 3yr old gets woken up once in a blue moon with cramp in her calf muscles? The SWMBO also suffers now and again but thats lack of potassium or something of the sort. Some good progress with the mini's. Those boards are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the AW Miniatures Indians. They look like the business.
    And I hope you kick the leg cramps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as if it went on for longer than a normal cramp. Any swelling or hard lumps? If so you might need checking for a DVT.

    I don't want to be alarmist, but I've had one and you need to catch it as soon as poss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no just heavy cramp Edwin leaves my calf bruised hence the limp
      Peace James

      Delete
  5. I used to get periodic sleep cramps when I was on shifts. Apparently it was due to low levels of potassium. Two or three bananas a week fixed it, but if you prefer, vitamin supplements can help too... they're a good idea for night workers anyway.

    Nice brush work as always and good news about the boards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rarely suffer from what I call proper cramp, but sometimes get it in my right hand for some reason (no jokes please). Usually thumb and first two fingers. No idea and nor did the vet when I mentioned it to him, but it's hereditary because my Dad used to get it too. Never thought about the banana solution though - thanks Jim.

    However, I often have days like you've just had. Sincere sympathy from a fellow victim of the Lord of Misrule!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eat some bananas. Sounds like you need potassium to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting that impression, cheers all for your concern
      Peace James

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about the leg cramps - that doesn't sound fun. My wife's a Dr and sge concurs on the potassium guess and a few bananas never hurt anyone.

    The Indians look fantastic - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog mate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like those spy figures James. That's a tough shift to work and hard to get your clock straightened 'round after 13 days in a row of it.

    I always used to work nights and I still don't go to sleep before 8:00 a.m. After being retired for 8 years I still keep that schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking figs, James. I really like those Indians - makes me think I should finish the few F&IW Front Rank figs I have. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm currently on night number 9 and feeling slightly weirder than normal, good work on the figures James.

    ReplyDelete