Thursday, 5 September 2013

ECW Test Figure

I have had an enquiry from a collector looking to get some ECW figures painted to display in his home. I have agreed to paint a sample figure to see if my style is to his taste. I have a few ECW figures in my lead pile so picked out a Scot's fellow. I have been working on him for a few hours and feel he is coming along well. I have also added pictures of the Vikings who only have a few details left and the shields.





18 comments:

  1. Very nice work, I'm sure the chap will be tempted after seeing the Scot! Great tartan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ray said. Very nice work and the tartan is grand. Oh for a hand that steady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on the Scot, but i'm not too sure about the tartan on the upper body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes not 100% happy myself gets hard to work out where the lines go when they have loads of sash's and belts on

      Delete
    2. It looks more like a leather waistcoat or something, but it's difficult to tell because you cannot really see it in the front view.

      Delete
  4. Nice bit of painting. What make is that Scot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is from a Warlord Games box set of Highlanders

      Delete
  5. Looking great James. That last photo is interesting - it looks like the chap on the left has an orc-on-a-stick. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did not get my backscreen out so you get to see how tidy my painting desk is :)

      Delete
  6. Looking damned good James :)

    "Orc on a stick" - nice one Millsy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look great. The tartan is impressive. Always shied away from trying it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Common you Blues! The band of brothers grows

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice work, love the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Figure looks great, the tartan really makes him pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure the guy will love the look of the figure, those Viking's are rather nice too

    Ian

    ReplyDelete