Thursday, 26 September 2013

Getting More out of G+

OK so many of you already use G+ on your blogs but are you getting the most out of it?. I have just a few tips that I find useful so I wanted to take the time to share them.
First when you share a post with G+ it always adds the first picture it finds on the post, some times this may be the profile picture of the first guy to comment which can be very confusing, I have seen my own picture show up a few times on others shared blog posts. To avoid this when you click on the share and the pop up window appears if you hover over the picture you get the option to scroll through pictures available
so you can select the picture or have no picture.
The best thing I have found with G+ is message's with your friends, you can have a message thread with one or several people and only those you select can see the massage. Also when you get a reply it is highlighted on your dashboard and you can respond without leaving your dashboard.
in the G+ screen you click on the share whats new box.

Remove the Public by clicking on the X
Type in the name of the guy's you want to get the massage

Type in your message, you can add files or pictures then click share

When you get a reply it will show as an alert on the top right of your dashboard

You can read it and reply without leaving your Dashboard.
I hope this helps out a few people but for many I have just told you what you already know so sorry for that. Tomorrow I will have some painted figures to share, till then have a good night and keep those brush points sharp.

4 comments:

  1. Did not know that you could choose the image. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've toyed with G+ twice now and backed out both times, not sure if we gell. didn't like the way it mucked about with my Picassa blog album. Glad to see you are making use out of it though and some useful tips if dance with it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've dabbled with this a bit and then remember I'm to be leaving and then think "I don't want to grow my blog as I won't be blogging anymore" But then again, if I can hook more bloggers up before I go I probably should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks James! I really like your Google + discoveries. I've not used it to its full potential!!

    ReplyDelete