Saturday, 16 November 2013

The Challenge is thrown down

So as I hoped Curt has thrown down the annual challenge, I have gratefully accepted. In some ways I have been planning for this since I was pipped at the post last year. You will have already seen my efforts at prepping lead, well I have been at it again today. I have almost prepped all my lead, which will mean I have o move on to my plastic which takes a bit longer due to the sticking together. So far I have just based all these figures next is the huge job of graveling the base's and then a mega undercoat session (or two or three).
I have been thinking about my par target for this years challenge and want to push myself, last year I aimed for 3000 and I think I made it to 3800 (cant remember and cant find where I posted about it) but I have plans in place to exceed that this year so I plan to set myself a target of 4500.
I also wanted to take time to shout out about some fantastic service from Warbase's I posted earlier that I had used some Birthday money to start building my town for the Zombie game. I ordered over £75 worth of building while on my break at work on Wed night and when I woke on Friday afternoon I had one of those "we tried to post a parcel" cards, I went up today to pick it up thinking it would be one of my figure orders ( I have several I am waiting for) but was shocked to see it was my Warbase order. That means that they had picked and dispatched my large order in less than 24h FANTASTIC SERVICE.
even more prep, Sudan and Dark ages

A huge Warbase order picked and dispatch in less than 24h

the down side of too much prep, need to empty my bin

I hope to get back to daily posting during the challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out James, much appreciated.

    I agree, Martin and Diane at Warbases are fabulous and a pleasure to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only echo what you say about war bases. Ordered from NZ and it arrived within a week (7 days). Superb compared to a number of other online stores (ahem, Wayland...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James,

    Goood luck in the Challenge!

    4500 points is a great target ! I will follow it!

    Best,

    Gilles

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4500?!? Madness! I can't wait to see you do it though mate so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well best of luck James and impressive total, but I understand you Kent is in this year and we both know what he is capable of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! With Kent in the mix anything is possible. This is going to be good!

      Delete
  6. Good luck James. I know we're not in the same league, but hey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4500!!!!! goodness this is going to be fun

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be an achievement and I hope you make it through. Looking forward to seeing your progress in this years challenge.
    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4,500 Points!!!!!!
    I've set my goal at at third of that and I'm nervous it's too high!

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap 4500!?! I'm hemming and hawing about 500! I need to go through my pile and see what I have. I have a ton of Warhammer stuff that was started in the 90's that may qualify since it is only primed. I need to get on with a plan it would seem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too am desperately planing on how to get to 500 on my first year in the competition, so was jaw droppingly amazed to see your target! Man this is going to be a fun time, I'm glad I got talked into participating. I'll just be happy to maintian my sanity and tick over my points total, but whatever - the ride will be fun!

    Did I hear about the place that you want to offload some steampunk figures?
    I've got some In Her Majesty's Name forces planned for my challenge so would be very interested!
    pauljamesog at gmail dot com

    Good luck Sir!

    ReplyDelete