Friday, 16 August 2013

You know you have painted too long when.....

  1. The second albums worth of music finishes and you have still not stood up.
  2. Your dog is camped at the top of the stairs with his head against the bars
  3. Your Pepsi Maxs goes warm and flat (other beverages are available)
  4. Your wife calls up stairs "are you OK" for the third time
  5. You get cramp in your fingers and keep dropping the figure your painting
  6. Your sure the figure your painting just winked at you.
  7. You dare yourself to wait another 5 minutes before a trip to the mens room.
  8. Your arse has gone to sleep (could cause problems with above)
  9. You clean your brush in your drink and sip your painting water, for the second time....
  10. When you finally call it a day your legs are so dead you fall on your carpet and find that missing spear you dropped, it is now stuck in your numb bum.

Just a bit of a laugh (honest), I have been over doing it a bit but it is my best form of relaxation and I have needed a bit of that recently. I have been enjoying myself greatly and am very happy with how the Pulp Fiction figures are coming along. These guys are not equipped for stealth work :) .


20 comments:

  1. Aha, that's where you're wrong. Those guys are perfectly camouflaged....






    ....for skirmishing in a warehouse filled with bananas or lemons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh i think i've had all 10 happen to me, just not all at the same sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, have you ever found one hiding in your custard?






    ... Proves it works then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only thing I have found in my custard is my spoon.

      Delete
  4. Good post. I have done a couple of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. not happened yet but I did used to do it often when playing risk as we kept our playing pieces in a cup

      Delete
  6. Very nice some of my favourite minion sculpts :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha! I've done most of them, but have you ever fallen asleep painting, now that's a bugger! And painting water doesn't taste very nice at all....yuk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not fallen asleep yet in fact I have always painted when insomnia hits on my nights off as most night shifters suffer every now and then

      Delete
  8. These look great and yes I have been there myself LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. My stuff is looking great James. Impressive painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude that is so, so true. Great paintjobs there

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun list! It's number 7 for me I must confess ...

    Great work on the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent work - the yellow is so vibrant. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Mustard Brigade.!!!! Great idea. reminds a bit of the old Japanese Monsters and Space Craft Movies out of the Sixties...Great.
    Point : 11. When you wonder why the Ork you are painting wears an Old Guard Uniform

    ReplyDelete