I have been busy painting a fair bit of plaid recently and have picked up a new way of doing it off a blog, the blog is a fantastic one about the Scots in the Civil war, check it out Project Auldearn 1645. So inspired I created the below plaid.
If you are wondering why I am only showing the back of the figures it is because these are part of a SAGA Irish force I am painting for Loki as part of a Community Trade.
I am very happy with the look of these and I will be sticking with this style from now on. I have also finished the base's on Johns F&IW French which will be packed up this weekend and sent home next week.
If you are wondering why I am only showing the back of the figures it is because these are part of a SAGA Irish force I am painting for Loki as part of a Community Trade.
I am very happy with the look of these and I will be sticking with this style from now on. I have also finished the base's on Johns F&IW French which will be packed up this weekend and sent home next week.
Lovely work, James! I'm definitely going to have to give that a go as my current method, while alright, is waaay too fiddly.
ReplyDeleteYes I think the effect per effort quota of this is the best I have found easy to do if you have steady hand and not too many colors needed.
DeleteI like that pattern, James - very realistic; striking yet subtle. Best, Dean
ReplyDeleteThey look great. I'll check out his blog :D
ReplyDeleteReally Nice!
ReplyDeleteGreat paint !
ReplyDeleteGreetings .
Great looking plaids.
ReplyDeleteThat is great plaid. Can you do a tutorial?
ReplyDeletemay do when I get to my Scots up against a few time limits at the moment
Deletegood god James, What have you done to my french.....
ReplyDeletethey look awesome.
given them some bushes to hide behind :)
DeleteGreat plaid
ReplyDeleteThose French are no hangers back either and John sounds happy
Ian
having a blast painting them think you will be happy with the completed force.
ReplyDeleteEchoing the great plaid. I'm looking at doing Irish or Scots for Saga and the thought of so much plaid has put me off. I like this and will shamelessly lift it!
ReplyDeleteOh I say James, these are wonderful, great new style.
ReplyDeleteThe plaid is stunning! Great paintjob, and very nice basing too!
ReplyDelete