So it has been fun to get back up to full speed on the painting front. I have completed the base's on Johns FIW French Inf and just have some tuff's to add and hit them with a varnish.
I have also completed the first 2 AW Miniature Indians and started the flesh on the next two.
With all these different projects on the go at the moment I have been prepping like a madman, I have not had this much prep completed since the build up to last years Winter Painting Challenge. Added to the plastic Saxons I completed while on holiday I have been busy pepping some fantastic Foundry Viking/Norse ( these are the wonderful old Citadel Norse range) below is only the start of the viking horde I am doing them all on individual bases so they can be used for all forms of game system.
While still on the dark ages I have been working through some Saga forces that will be up for sale when completed, the current force is a Welsh one and I finished the Levy bowmen.
I have to admit that I have not been having a great time at work these passed few months the last week before my holidays was one of my lowest points, I sucked it up and ground out that last few shifts and hoped it would not effect my holiday. I had a great holiday and did not think of my work once while away, unfortunately things had not changed and with in 10 min of starting my first shift I felt the need to do physical damage to someone/ something. This is all more than anyone should put up with and I have decided that my 13 years at my current job will be over as soon as I can. This will effect my hobby in a few ways first I might be a little less active online while job hunting and second I need to make my hobby do a bit more that pay for its self so I will be jumping back into selling onevilbay Ebay. To this end I have dug out a squad of Foundry Zulu war brits that will be going on Ebay this weekend I am posting them on here first so if anyone wants to make an offer feel free I will be looking for around £25 plus postage.
I have also completed the first 2 AW Miniature Indians and started the flesh on the next two.
With all these different projects on the go at the moment I have been prepping like a madman, I have not had this much prep completed since the build up to last years Winter Painting Challenge. Added to the plastic Saxons I completed while on holiday I have been busy pepping some fantastic Foundry Viking/Norse ( these are the wonderful old Citadel Norse range) below is only the start of the viking horde I am doing them all on individual bases so they can be used for all forms of game system.
While still on the dark ages I have been working through some Saga forces that will be up for sale when completed, the current force is a Welsh one and I finished the Levy bowmen.
I have to admit that I have not been having a great time at work these passed few months the last week before my holidays was one of my lowest points, I sucked it up and ground out that last few shifts and hoped it would not effect my holiday. I had a great holiday and did not think of my work once while away, unfortunately things had not changed and with in 10 min of starting my first shift I felt the need to do physical damage to someone/ something. This is all more than anyone should put up with and I have decided that my 13 years at my current job will be over as soon as I can. This will effect my hobby in a few ways first I might be a little less active online while job hunting and second I need to make my hobby do a bit more that pay for its self so I will be jumping back into selling on
You have certainly benefitted from the rest James, great work Sir.
ReplyDeleteGlad it did not effect your holiday, hope things work out well for you on the job front
ReplyDeleteIan
Good for you! I had a philosophy teacher in college who used to say: "If you don't take care of yourself, who will?" I hope you find something better soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm in a similar frame of mind regards work as well. I hope it works out for you mate. You might be an inspiration in more ways that just your painting style at this rate...
ReplyDeleteYour workbench and projects are ever expanding! Great work here and I wish you the best of luck in the hunt. Life is too short to put up with a sh*tty job.
ReplyDeleteGreat looking miniatures. All the best with the job hunt.
ReplyDeleteVery nice work there. Looking forward to seeing the Welsh and the Vikings painted up.
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck in the job hunt!
Very nice minis, and good luck!
ReplyDeleteWork sucks here too mate. Andrews right though you could easilyake a good living pro painting, i did it for 18 months amd you have way more discipline and stamina for painting mate!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the job hunt, better to look for a job while you have one but you could as Andrew said make a living from the painting especially with your dedication and skill.
ReplyDeleteCheers all for your comments I have a few irons in the fire and am sure my painting will form some part of my plans
ReplyDeletePeace James
I already thought that painting was how you made your living. And if Loki thinks you should give it a try it might be something to consider. Good Luck.
ReplyDelete