So today is the first day since the end of the challenge that the painting table has hit full speed again. I have a few commissions on the go, the last 15mm Para's and the start of a huge Blood bowl Orc and Goblin team. On top of this I am doing the Generals for our French SYW army and for no other reason than I always wanted to I am painting a 28mm Nap British unit (or army will see how it goes, I have enough figures).
Last night during my break I was having a surf and found some thing that fired my gaming juice's, I used to love WFB I have in my time owned painted and sold most of the armies you could have for WFB including Nippon and Norse (I should point out I was lucky to have a Dad who bought the armies) the peak of my gaming was 3rd edition and I slowly lost the love since then. So imagine my joy to find that there is a group of gamers who feel just the same. Check out the following blog Warhammer for adults and even better they have a weekend of 3rd edition gaming at Foundry in Aug oldhammer event foundry 2013 if like me you are a lover of 3rd ed and like a good forum check out http://bloodforum.treps.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=388
All I need to do now is paint up (and buy) my Dwarven army and I might just be nipping down to Nottingham at the end of Aug.
I was glad to see my last post has got plenty of reaction I am hoping I can keep posting enough of interest to keep the visitors coming.
Peace James
Last night during my break I was having a surf and found some thing that fired my gaming juice's, I used to love WFB I have in my time owned painted and sold most of the armies you could have for WFB including Nippon and Norse (I should point out I was lucky to have a Dad who bought the armies) the peak of my gaming was 3rd edition and I slowly lost the love since then. So imagine my joy to find that there is a group of gamers who feel just the same. Check out the following blog Warhammer for adults and even better they have a weekend of 3rd edition gaming at Foundry in Aug oldhammer event foundry 2013 if like me you are a lover of 3rd ed and like a good forum check out http://bloodforum.treps.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=388
All I need to do now is paint up (and buy) my Dwarven army and I might just be nipping down to Nottingham at the end of Aug.
I was glad to see my last post has got plenty of reaction I am hoping I can keep posting enough of interest to keep the visitors coming.
Peace James
Love the paint work on that ogre James. Must be a day for nostalgia as today I picked up the old GW "making wargames" terrain book, the one that was a compilation of the old magazine articles. It was like a trip down memory lane, and a sad reminder (for me anyway) that GW just are not "hobby" anymore and are all "sales".
ReplyDeleteBoth me and Fran have had a little lull in painting after the challenge. Good to see your back on the brush!
ReplyDeleteI love that top figure, great attitude!
ReplyDeleteLovely job on the Ogre.
ReplyDeleteI think we all needed a rest after the challenge.
I'm still on a "finish stuff that I left as I started it before the challenge" mission.
Getting there.