The first batch of a 48 figure BB commission are completed up to the last touches, these with the base's and numbers will be completed all together to make sure the team works as a whole unit. I am loving these BB figures and it is so nice to do a bit of fantasy after so many historical mini's.
I have be having some interesting thoughts about my painting recently, I know I have a style that people like and I know that others think my painting is ace (my Dad tells me so all the time) but I have to admit I do not much like my own painting. Maybe its because I can see all the errors in my figures but I look at others figures and love them and as much as I try to adapt my style I tend to fall back onto the usual style, its not a problem as I can paint them well and quick I just wish I could adjust myself to be a slower more delicate painter. It is never going to happen, believe me I tried all that happened is I became an unhappy painter with very little output and a growing lead pile. I came back to what I enjoy which is producing great wargames units/armies at a good TT standard.
I guess I wanted to ask you guys who are all painters do you like your painting?
Peace James (a happy painter)
I have be having some interesting thoughts about my painting recently, I know I have a style that people like and I know that others think my painting is ace (my Dad tells me so all the time) but I have to admit I do not much like my own painting. Maybe its because I can see all the errors in my figures but I look at others figures and love them and as much as I try to adapt my style I tend to fall back onto the usual style, its not a problem as I can paint them well and quick I just wish I could adjust myself to be a slower more delicate painter. It is never going to happen, believe me I tried all that happened is I became an unhappy painter with very little output and a growing lead pile. I came back to what I enjoy which is producing great wargames units/armies at a good TT standard.
I guess I wanted to ask you guys who are all painters do you like your painting?
Peace James (a happy painter)
I'm afraid I've never liked my painting because there are so many better and more patient gamers out there and I've found even more since I've started blogging.
ReplyDeleteMost of my artwork leaves me feeling it could be better- but at least We try- a lot of people in this world never make what they create open for public criticism! At least you have positive feedback about yours! Beating yourself up about things is an inherited gene- sorry!
ReplyDelete