Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Painting Ronin Day 75

Why I love SYW

I do not think there is any better sight that ranks of tricorn clap troops in bright uniform's. I do find the SYW battlefield to be a great sight.
But why oh why do the french have to wear white leggings :)

I have been painting leggings for two days now and still have one unit of Grenadiers left. At the same time I am doing my entry Ronin and I wanted to try a new horse color so went for a palomino,  I like how it has turned out. My Ronin is going to have a deep red armour with a light color for his underclothes.
I hope to have these three units of SYW french complete tomorrow.
To finish this post I wanted to show you my last entry for the winter Challenge.










8 comments:

  1. Nice work James, white is such a boring colour to paint, and it would certainly do my head in as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Painting 15 x 36 man bttns of bleedin Westphalians Ray.
      I was snowblind for a month after.

      Delete
  2. Very good job ! Very nice painting ! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Particularly good to see those Indians from my point of view as I have 6 of those I will be working on soon for my M&T British. yours look extremely nice, hope mine will match up. Nice sculpts but I was a little perturbed by the amount of clean up they required.
    The big SYW units look fab too, but that Ronin certainly catches the eye. I look forward to seeing where that goes. I am slowly finishing my old clan war crab clan samurai army so I love things that inspire me on that end too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on the palomino horse. I've found that (in 15mm at least) they are relatively easy to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What rules are you using for the SYW James ?

    ReplyDelete