The curse of being a commission painter is that when you get a bit of time to paint your own figures you have to try and paint as many as you can. This means my own figures are very much speed painted, in this time when many are questioning if figures can be painted too well rest assured I can prove that you do not need to spend too long on figures to create a usable wargames force.
These I wanted to get completed so I can bring them along to Blog-Con so anyone can try out Ronin. I am very happy with how they look and on the table they look very effective (if not so when blown up full screen), I am doing two factions one red and one blue. I have completed the red guys (bar one that is being rebased after a dog attack killed its first base, don't ask) the Blue guys I have just started (sorry the picture is a bit out of focus)
These I wanted to get completed so I can bring them along to Blog-Con so anyone can try out Ronin. I am very happy with how they look and on the table they look very effective (if not so when blown up full screen), I am doing two factions one red and one blue. I have completed the red guys (bar one that is being rebased after a dog attack killed its first base, don't ask) the Blue guys I have just started (sorry the picture is a bit out of focus)
That's some amazing painting. I'm not really into all this far eastern thingy but yours are nice.
ReplyDeleteI do like your ronin! Very tempting rules and period.
ReplyDeleteGreat painting James.
ReplyDeleteAs for the figure that needs to be rebased, well, it's obvious innit? One of your dogs thought that the basing wasn't quite up to your usual standard, so dropped you a not too subtle hint :)
They look pretty damn good to me, James.
ReplyDeleteNot had a dog attack a painted figure yet. Moley goes for the jiffy bags as they come through the door (and any painters who come a-calling).
Nothing wrong with those figures James. If you become unhappy with them, you can always go back and tart them up later.
ReplyDeleteShoot the dog. The other will be a model of good behaviour - they learn much more quickly than we imagine . . .
That'd have to be a very special mini to want to do the retrival...
ReplyDeleteSpeed painted or not mate they're lovely. As a demo/participation game anything with lots of colour is a good place to start IMHO...
ReplyDeleteSpeed painted or not, excellent brushwork as always, James. Best, Dean
ReplyDeleteGreat paintjob...and a great temptation for me!
ReplyDeleteSplendid Sir!
ReplyDeleteI wish you had painted my collection of Perry samurai, all those hundreds.......great work James!
ReplyDeleteExcellent lookinf miniatures James.
ReplyDeleteVery nice. I wouldn't kick those off the table.
ReplyDelete