So I think Captcha had it in for me last night below are the two worst ones I had to deal with but I got loads wrong last night.
I do not want to tell you all what to do but if you read my post from last month you will see you do not need to use Captcha.
Anyway I clock off work in 30 min for my weeks Holiday in Norfolk.
Catch you later
Peace James
I do not want to tell you all what to do but if you read my post from last month you will see you do not need to use Captcha.
Anyway I clock off work in 30 min for my weeks Holiday in Norfolk.
Catch you later
Peace James
Captchas are pretty frustrating and it actually discourages me from commenting on blogs so it keeps real people away as well as bots!
ReplyDeleteSome month ago they had only two blocks of letters. That was ok with me. I'm still using captcha on my own blog but it's frustrating at times, you're absolutely right.
ReplyDeleteI hate Captcha but I also hate spam. The solution for me was to change to the blogger Dynamic Views template. Yes I know the template isn't to everyones taste (although I like it) but hear me out.... Since I converted at the begining of the year I have had just one solitary piece of Spam, and I have never used the Captcha feature. Before I changed template I would reguarly recieve 20-30 spam comments per day, and because I refused to use Captcha, I had to manually delete them every day. For me, changing to Dynamic Views was the best thing I have done with my Blog in years. (ok, let the anti-DV hatemail commence....)
ReplyDeleteDid you now you don't even have to put in the numbers just the letters part. I mean what's the point!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your holiday!
If the registered users, I will stop the captcha thing. I will give it a try James!
ReplyDeleteGreetings
Peter
If the registered users mean followers, ....
DeleteGreetings
Peter
Lol on both of those. "Please prove you are not a robot by getting pissed about this impossible to read Captcha." And I can vouch for the effectiveness of your suggestion.
ReplyDeletehave a good relaxing Holiday
ReplyDeleteI hate them so much too
ReplyDeleteThank you for continuing your crusade against Captcha. Each time you post something, I see a blog or two drop the silly thing. One by one, you are making comments on blogs easier.
ReplyDeleteSo captcha is really a secret ploy to give blogs more followers? My blog on Wordpress mercifully only requires comment approval for the first comment (no captcha). After that, comment away.
ReplyDeleteAkismet catches most of the SPAM comments although I sometimes have to deal with the odd nice sounding lady saying I'm some kind of intellectual genius and we should cross-link.
But yes, I hate Captcha!
I too hate captcha. I don't have it and I currently get zero spam. Maybe November should be chuck captcha month.
ReplyDeleteI second that idea!
DeleteCaptcha is arse gravy!
ReplyDeleteYes I hate it too... I've only ever had one piece of spam and that was from a human, so captcha wouldn't have helped anyway.
ReplyDelete... and of course I give up on commenting when the box shows up, on principle alone.
DeleteI am no fan of Captcha either, darn frustrating, and almost puts me off comments... I once even had a bunch of vowels come up with macrons over them! Bugger that I thought!
ReplyDeleteI guess if you cant read something you can reload another... I have also found zooming them screen view (ctrl +) can help...