As I said yesterday I took more pictures of the ECW shotte after the dip. The first two are straight after dip, the second two are after some over painting, all the figures will be hit with a matt varnish when based and finished which will kill off the last of the shine.
Taking out drying time I have spent about 2 hours on these 6 figures so I feel good return for time spent.
Peace James
Taking out drying time I have spent about 2 hours on these 6 figures so I feel good return for time spent.
Peace James
| Post dip after 12 hours drying and the back. Over paint on uniform, flesh, belts and guns wood and thats it till I base the whole unit |
Nice work. I'm tempted to get a can of Army Painter - plan to speed paint some OG Gauls & Scythians. Have yet to get a good result with homemade types of "dip." I also hope to get in a Shot & Pike game at a local convention in May. Seems like it has a lot of potential. Regards, Dean
ReplyDeleteHello James. I've made a tour on your blog here, and I must say you have a wonderfull collection of excellent painted figures.
ReplyDeleteAnd you have an interesting technique of painting them as we can see on the pictures you posted here.
Greetings Peter
That's perfect ROI. Always thought dip would not work on grey but you prove otherwise. Looking forward seeing those based and varnished.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Michael