Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Plea for Loki's Sanity

Some would say it's to late.....

I know that Loki and I are of the same opinion when it comes to leaving comments on blogs. Make it as easy as possible and you will get more comments. To this end I ask you all to try this, even if it only for a week. Follow the screen shot below, and disable the Word Verification. Before you all cry spam spam glorious spam (name that film) at the same time you change who can comment to registered users.
I did this almost a year ago and I have zero spam..
Spammers want to stay Anonymous and if you do get spam from a registered user you simply block them and report it.



Just been checking out my Stat's to see where you are viewing me from... you will never guess where my Dad has gone on holiday
 

15 comments:

  1. I can vouch for this. You and Loki showed me this and I've had zero spam since making the change. And zero word verification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Captcha is the spawn of the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently did this - and no spams. The word verification takes longer than leaving comments, I agree! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... zero spam over a year without 'captcha', which is yet another of my pet hates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, done. Let's see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip James! Done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has worked for me also. (I also review comments before they go up.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have long not used captcha but went one stage further allowing none followers to leave messages.

    My Spam filter blocks all none registered posts that include a link. I simply go to the spam filter and click delete on these spams a couple of times a week. If any are real comments then I can allow them through.

    no hardship and hopefully more comments

    ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave up captcha early on and have had no problem with spam. I'll double check the registered user thing, I may only be allowing google users.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, we'll give this a try but if we get spammed we're sending the boys round! ;-)

    ReplyDelete