Sunday, 8 September 2013

Exiles Busy weekend painting

So I have a short weekend this week as I return back to work on Sunday night instead of my usual Monday, but I had plenty of time to hit the painting table. The picture below might give some indication of what I was trying.

Before I get to my knot work I completed the sample figure for a customer, very happy with how it came out a very nice Warlord Games figure from the Highland Infantry box set.




Now to my newest attempt at freehand, using the book to show how to do the corners I completed the cloak on my Dad's Viking Warlord. For only my second or third attempt at knotwork I am well chuffed. It looks a lot better on the table top than super enlarged on a computer screen.

I am also on the last leg of the Orc and Goblin Blood Bowl team, after these three I only have 2 left plus an Ogre and a Troll.


13 comments:

  1. Nice figures. I think the 'knotwork' pattern on the Viking cloak is very effective. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, you should be pleased by the knot work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful brushwork, James. The tartan and cloak border are excellent. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cloak, I don't know how many attempts I'd do before giving up LOL

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! The tartan on the highlander is excellent, and the the knotwork on the viking is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic James, very well done

    ReplyDelete
  7. your freehand job is wonderful!
    waiting for more.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freehand is something I currently struggle with and need to practice more of, so I'm in awe of your knot work there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the knot work James. Absolutely wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete