Well hello my old friend, my blog has been inactive so long I almost forgot where it was.
I on the other hand have been very busy. Shortly after I closed down the blog I was not in a fun place with work, being a Supervisor working nights with a boss I just did not understand took its toll and to cut a long story short I quit in September 2014 after 16 years at the same company and jumped to another (the term out of the frying pan into the fire is very apt) this led to a hellish 11 weeks before I admitted defeat and quit management altogether and returned to my old company as a Warhouseman. I have since spent the best two years of my working life I just show up do my job and take my money.
So work is sorted but why have I been away from my hobby, truth is I returned to an old passion Photography and found I was rather good at sports photography so I have been busy chasing the action for these last three years.
But not only that I developed a passion for Flag Football (non contact American football) and with an inheritence last spring I created my own team the Cheshire Cavaliers who I coach and manage, we completed our first season of National competition in the summer and are building towards 2017 currently.
http://cheshirecavaliersflag.co.uk/
But this is a painting blog so I guess you want to know what I have been doing painting wise, the answer is not alot. I have got into board games and thr family enjoy regular games of Zombicide, I have several board games including the old favourites from GW SpaceHulk, Bloodbowl and Hero quest.
I have plenty of figures built up ready for my return to the hobby and in the last few months with my Cavalier Manager duties easing I have been getting the brushes out. This is why the blog has been restarted.
I can only say sorry for the way I disappeared but the work stress had already started and was crossing over into the hobby. It was time for a clean break and that was what I did, I hope that my painting friends will understand and help me ease back into things.
Peace James
I on the other hand have been very busy. Shortly after I closed down the blog I was not in a fun place with work, being a Supervisor working nights with a boss I just did not understand took its toll and to cut a long story short I quit in September 2014 after 16 years at the same company and jumped to another (the term out of the frying pan into the fire is very apt) this led to a hellish 11 weeks before I admitted defeat and quit management altogether and returned to my old company as a Warhouseman. I have since spent the best two years of my working life I just show up do my job and take my money.
So work is sorted but why have I been away from my hobby, truth is I returned to an old passion Photography and found I was rather good at sports photography so I have been busy chasing the action for these last three years.
But not only that I developed a passion for Flag Football (non contact American football) and with an inheritence last spring I created my own team the Cheshire Cavaliers who I coach and manage, we completed our first season of National competition in the summer and are building towards 2017 currently.
http://cheshirecavaliersflag.co.uk/
But this is a painting blog so I guess you want to know what I have been doing painting wise, the answer is not alot. I have got into board games and thr family enjoy regular games of Zombicide, I have several board games including the old favourites from GW SpaceHulk, Bloodbowl and Hero quest.
I have plenty of figures built up ready for my return to the hobby and in the last few months with my Cavalier Manager duties easing I have been getting the brushes out. This is why the blog has been restarted.
I can only say sorry for the way I disappeared but the work stress had already started and was crossing over into the hobby. It was time for a clean break and that was what I did, I hope that my painting friends will understand and help me ease back into things.
Peace James






Welcome back to the blog James! I'm glad to hear your in a better place now.
ReplyDeletecheers Edwin hope you and your are doing well
DeleteWelcome back James! It's good to hear that you've got past the hurdles life threw in your way and have found a number of outlets to keep you busy and happy :)
ReplyDeleteCheers Tamsin, been a tough road but loving life now
DeleteWelcome back! Real life gets in the way sometimes, but we all return to our love for the hobby. Glad things are sorting out well for you.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Jason
Cheers Jason
DeleteGreat to hear from you James and I am delighted to read that things are working out for you - love the photography. It would be great to see your work up here again.
ReplyDeletewill do just need to clear out the painting room properly as its the general storage room ATM and I have to climb over loads to get to my desk
DeleteWelcome back James!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray looking forward to catching up with what everyone has been up to
DeleteWelcome back to the miniature world. Nice to know your life is on a positive track.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back James!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, James! Glad your work situation is well sorted. I've been focused on a new old hobby as well: archery.
ReplyDeleteAlways good to see people returning to the blogosphere after a (regenerative) break!
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back, mate. You've been missed. Glad to hear life is treating you well.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is welcome back James. I know what a bad working environment can do to you.
ReplyDeleteIan
Ah, welcome back! I hope the stresses and straings on life are easing up a bit now. Good luck with the team too! I used to play flag football when I was younger. We even got onto local tv once, which was good fun.
ReplyDelete