Sunday, 13 November 2016

Plans for 2017

So while I have been painting over the last few years its just been a bit here and a bit there, going forward I need to put a few loose plans in place so here goes.
1. Work my way through my Zombicide figures.
I have painted all survivors for seasons 1 & 2 but still have season 3 and the expansion Noisy neighbour's to do. I have the zombies from both the above to paint also.
(Black Plague is my Dads)
2. 40mm Napoleonic.
I have long planned to play the Two Fat Ladies Sharpes Practise in 40mm and have slowly built up enough French and British figures from the fine Perry Miniatures range. This winter I plan to paint these up, I will be putting real effort into these with fine scenic base's and well painted figures.
I will also be creating some scratch built terrain as the stuff I do have would be small for 40mm it will be walls and small bits maybe building up to a building or two.
3. Lots and Lots of new Board games.
I have several board games waiting for some love all the game I bought are figure based ones and many re released GW classics. I do have a few new kids on the block including Devils Run


The other games I have to work through are Star Wars (Imperial Assault), Space Hulk, Hero Quest, Rum and Bones, Blood Rage and a few more.

I also have a few games that do not need painting.

4. Warhammer Old School.
I am returning to my Oldhammer project I have Dwarves from several companies plus some old GW sculpts and I am painting my Dad's Norse which are old GW now Foundry sculpts. I might look to add some Orc and Goblins but will see how things go.

5. Kings Of War Historical.
after I found GW had killed WFB I was looking around the net to see what the kids are playing now and see that KoW has stepped up to the plate and that they have produced a historical version (I loved Warhammer Ancients) I picked up the rules and took them away last week on my holiday. I have to say the look fun and while I would not invest to build any 28mm armies I do like the idea of playing the game at 10mm so that is my plan ( I feel the rules use some of my favourite parts from an old historical set called Shock of impact).

6. Colonial 28mm.
I have all the Sudan and Zulu war stuff I had prepped three years ago still sitting awaiting paint so they will aim to be completed by the end of 2017.

7. Blood Bowl.
Oddly I bought several Blood bowl teams and start players last year with plans to paint in years to come but as the game is being re released this month might push these up the list and try and get them done in 2017
8. Keep myself chilled.
I have lots of other stuff in my life that helps keep me on an even keel, my wife Liz is chief among them and we celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2016 I also have my dogs (while 2015 saw us lose our first Scottie to cancer, we added another young pup). And most weekends I can be found on the side of various sports games armed with my camera.



So while I cant promise to be as prolific on updating this blog or in painting I do have plans to keep busy through 2017 and hope some of you will keep checking in to see how I am doing.
I hope to share some of my photography and news on my Cheshire Cavaliers Flag American Football team
Peace James Brewerton






4 comments:

  1. That is one big pile of projects to work through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell - Now you ahve me thinking but I am already 60 figures behind last years running total with less than 2 months to go....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I winced when I saw that pile of plastic, mostly because I have a similar stash hidden in the spare room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling... I don't even want to think about the pile in my office

      Delete