If you are a fan of a certain fantasy TV series you will understand the reference, but for many of us in the wargames blogosphere this has a far greater meaning because the start of winter heralds the return of the world famous Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. From the original idea of Canadian wargamers clubbing together through the dark cold winter months to pretend to be busy painting so the other half can't get them doing endless DIY jobs around the house (not true just my imagination....honest) to this the seventh edition, it has become the incentive for hundreds of mad painting projects that would otherwise sit in the lead pile.
I first took part as one of the 47 Ronin, when I was pipped at the post but an avalanche of points in the final hours from New Zealand.
I returned in the next winter with mad plans to paint three different Colonial periods and started on fire turning out loads of Afghan Tribesmen and Colonial troops
but then a month into the winter real life got in the way and I had a hobby shut down.
while I have been painting the odd figure or two since, it is three years since I turned out figures at that rate. So while I am picking up where I left off with this fantastic painting challenge I have set myself a reachable 1000 point target.
I look forward to watching the output from my fellow painters and hopefully offer support or/and advice where I can.
So to all my fellow Wargames bloging painters
I first took part as one of the 47 Ronin, when I was pipped at the post but an avalanche of points in the final hours from New Zealand.
I returned in the next winter with mad plans to paint three different Colonial periods and started on fire turning out loads of Afghan Tribesmen and Colonial troops
but then a month into the winter real life got in the way and I had a hobby shut down.
while I have been painting the odd figure or two since, it is three years since I turned out figures at that rate. So while I am picking up where I left off with this fantastic painting challenge I have set myself a reachable 1000 point target.
I look forward to watching the output from my fellow painters and hopefully offer support or/and advice where I can.
So to all my fellow Wargames bloging painters




Looking forward to having you back with us James. I'm sure that once you get back into the swing of painting, you'll burst through that 1000 point target with weeks to spare :)
ReplyDeleteto be fair I try to balance thing a bit better now with less of me disapearing for the day to my painting room.
Delete1000 should be a good challenge as my main project will be my 40mm which I plan to put more detail into
Glad to see you back James. The nice thing about 1000 points is you can always raise it when you blow past it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteCheers looking forward to getting back at it
DeleteLovely to have you back amongst us and best of luck Sir.
ReplyDeleteCheers Sir looking forward to seeing your output always inspiring
DeleteMost excellent to see you back with us, paint brush in hand and with all the terrific enthusiasm of old. Fantastic news, James!
ReplyDelete