| Tools used | <><> >>
Tuesday, 10 August 2010
Greek Hoplites WIP 5
I got these guy done today the shield was given a pre decal wash (varnish will do ). then the decal applied (NB if you use the immortal miniatures decals note that each one must be cut out around the design as the sheet is one big decal not loads of individual one). I then use a decal softner which melts the decal slightly making sure it fits well and softens the edges. Next I hit it with a gloss varnish this gets rid of any signs of the edge and give a good surface to paint on. I painted some damage on the shield, my first attempt at battle damage. I give myself 8/10 as the lines need to be thinner and I need more at odd angles, but as these will be part of a 32 man unit I am not to fussed ATM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice effect on those shield designs. Nice bronze color too. I like the look of these Hoplites, and the shield looks just like it should per most of the period artwork - size and style wise. However, since the Hoplites I alerady have, have much smaller shields, these wouldn't match. Unfortunately, for me, the shields come attached to arms on these guys. Regards, Dean
ReplyDeleteThe battle damage looks great.
ReplyDeleteI would be very interested to know how you painted this.
@anonymous you paint the lines with a black or dark brown then with a thin brush you paint white under the black lines always on the bottom this is what gives the damage an aspect of depth
ReplyDeleteHey James, those shields are mind blowing, they look so real!! And I don't understand the "forum" you want me in. I'm very interested just don't know how...
ReplyDeleteAaron