I got a nice box from Warlord Games today, it had in their Black Powder rules which I plan to take on holiday with me next week. A first flick through shows plenty of eye candy and a very nice production will look forward to reading them.
The little bonus was I got one of the Big Willie figures, I must read fully what I am buying :) I thought you only got him if you bought an army deal with the book. I will have great fun painting this character.
Hello James, I'll be interested in hearing what you think of them.
ReplyDeleteI pulled out a handful of acw bases on the weekend for a push about and they seem ok. It is obvious to me now that it is a rules engine that is designed to be fitted into a particular period and modded as appropriate (had my copy about month)
This seems at odds with people (rules lawyers) who seem to be taking each line as gospel and ignoring historical differences, not sure that was the writers intentions or maybe Im the one looking at it all wrong. Either way interested in your opinion.
regards
pp