figures are http://immortalminiatures.com/miniatures.html the decals are waterslide, if you varnish first then apply and then varnish after you get rid of the edge of the decal. these are keepers I always wanted a Hoplite army. Your roman Decals go over a white base so do not paint your shields red
Oops, paint em white you say? Although I have no intention of starting them at the moment I did inadvertently spill some red paint on one sprues worth of legionary shields.
BTW Your mate Shane suggested (hello Shane) Wamp so I have stuck myself there although I think that my stuff isn't really up to it. Look for 3 little oinkers.
Varnishing over slide decals doesn't harm them at all? Well there you go, learn something new every day.
I thought that was you hope you enjoy the forum do not worry about std some people there hardly put brush to figure, we just all love talking about great figures
looking good dude, very nice tunics. what colors for the red?, it really pops!
ReplyDeleteposted the colours in the last WIP scab red then scab+blazing organe then scab+orange+elf flesh
ReplyDeleteHello
ReplyDeleteThat's the business James lovely stuff ol' boy. Are they keepers or ebay/commission work.
Your spot on about the figures they really do look good, and with a free history lesson you say. Who's retailing these little gems, Warlord Games?
Wiith the decals are they slide on or rub on, sticky types. Does the varny help at all with putting them on.
Full of questions today as I have that starter roman army to think about
regards
dave
figures are http://immortalminiatures.com/miniatures.html
ReplyDeletethe decals are waterslide, if you varnish first then apply and then varnish after you get rid of the edge of the decal.
these are keepers I always wanted a Hoplite army.
Your roman Decals go over a white base so do not paint your shields red
Hello James
ReplyDeleteOops, paint em white you say? Although I have no intention of starting them at the moment I did inadvertently spill some red paint on one sprues worth of legionary shields.
BTW Your mate Shane suggested (hello Shane) Wamp so I have stuck myself there although I think that my stuff isn't really up to it. Look for 3 little oinkers.
Varnishing over slide decals doesn't harm them at all? Well there you go, learn something new every day.
regards
pp aka 3 x lp's
I thought that was you hope you enjoy the forum do not worry about std some people there hardly put brush to figure, we just all love talking about great figures
ReplyDeleteit's all good ;-)
ReplyDeletebtw going to mix in some of these
http://victrixlimited.com/news-66-8th-August-Greek-Hoplites-sets
regards
pp