Well my painting time was well busted today..let me tell you a tale. My Daughter moved out 4 months ago but at the moment we still have her dog, this means every evening she comes home to [use our wi-fi ][eat our food ] walk her dog. Now she has a Virgin mobile phone on the same contract I bought for her 16 birthday we paid her bill all the way through Uni but I told her as soon as she got a job it was up to her to pay, so when she got her first job I dropped a few hints about sorting her bill out but a few months went by with us still paying in the end I did what any good Dad would do, I cancelled the standing order and let her know she needed to sort it out before the next payment.... you can guess what is coming. While I was on holiday in Norfolk we had a panic call from Cardiff station as her phone had been cut off and as the contract was in my name they needed to talk to me what followed was a three way talk with me in Norfolk and Mel in Wales and I am sure the Virgin rep was in India. This I stupidly thought was the end of MY troubles.... no chance the contract is up and Mel is wanting to change her phone/contract but get this I am still the name on the contract but all data protection info is Mel's so they would not speak to her but I could not answer the questions. After 20 minutes on the phone we got them to accept it was Mel's phone and she promptly cancelled it.
Problem over I hoped... Mel seemed happy and was looking at new phones on the Internet this is where I slipped up as she said I hope I can get it sorted soon.
"" you will never get it before Christmas now"" said I
Now anyone who has seen a baby after a candy has been taken off them mid chew will know the look I was now faced with. I could see my painting time fading into the night as I knew I would have to step up as Dad and get this sorted.
"" Unless you go and pick one up from a store""
"" I can run you up to the retail estate and wait while you sort it and then run you home""
The look of relief was great to see,not sure if this was all for the phone or partly for the offer of a life home as it is evil out side tonight. I had not been totally selfless in this offer as you will remember yesterdays comment about looking for craft paint at Hobby Craft (which is on the estate). So while I waited for Mel to get her phone I picked up a huge tub of brown paint for £2.
I did get an hour on the brushes after all the fun was over and have almost completed the Zulu War command stand and progressed the two Warrior monks.
So Fellow painter always remember to think before you speak as it can impact on your painting time.
Problem over I hoped... Mel seemed happy and was looking at new phones on the Internet this is where I slipped up as she said I hope I can get it sorted soon.
"" you will never get it before Christmas now"" said I
Now anyone who has seen a baby after a candy has been taken off them mid chew will know the look I was now faced with. I could see my painting time fading into the night as I knew I would have to step up as Dad and get this sorted.
"" Unless you go and pick one up from a store""
"" I can run you up to the retail estate and wait while you sort it and then run you home""
The look of relief was great to see,not sure if this was all for the phone or partly for the offer of a life home as it is evil out side tonight. I had not been totally selfless in this offer as you will remember yesterdays comment about looking for craft paint at Hobby Craft (which is on the estate). So while I waited for Mel to get her phone I picked up a huge tub of brown paint for £2.
I did get an hour on the brushes after all the fun was over and have almost completed the Zulu War command stand and progressed the two Warrior monks.
So Fellow painter always remember to think before you speak as it can impact on your painting time.
Ahh the joys of structured security questions, I have the same issues with our bank details. My wife does everything even remotely money related so I never have any of the answers. :(
ReplyDeleteHobby Craft is a great source of cheap paint particularly for basing or terrain purposes.
Kids? Who'd 'ave 'em!
ReplyDeleteI thought we were safe once they got a job and left home :)
DeleteApparently not. There goes all my hopes and dreams as well!
DeleteNo, you're never safe. As long as you've a breath in your body, you're Daddy.
DeleteAmen!
DeleteModern life - who needs it! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI had some similar situations with my teenage daughter's work arrangements this week - every minute driving her around is another wash or dry brush I haven't done- the pressure!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe're with Vagina Telecom so I understand your 'enthusiasm'. Had a similar three way conversation last week when my wife wanted to update her phone. Chris passed her phone over to me while I verified the account details, but the woman from VT was stumped when I asked her how she knew I was who I said I was and not just some accomplice.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, the new phone's faulty and has to be returned, so Chris' 'new phone' will actually be a reconditioned on. Good old Virgin.
Kids... My eldest daughter will be 18 on new years eve, and aside from making me feel old, she's a constant drain on my time (Dad's Taxi Service is always busy). And reaching 18 only means we'll swap one set of parental worries for another set. Its never ending and I doubt it'll change, whatever her future holds.
ReplyDeleteExcellent work - I do like that guy puffing on the pipe. The problem with modern technological devices is the dependency on them. I don't really care too much about a cell phone, but I do admit some internet surfing - mostly from boredom. As far a children - they are a blessing - even if you don't realize it sometimes :)! Best, Dean
ReplyDelete