Sunday, 15 December 2013

Wild Bunch Day 1

So the day has finally arrived all of us wild bunchers are free to paint like mad things for the next three months. I was awake early today as I am having real issues sleeping on my nights off at the moment and at ten to five I gave up and took my boys out for a walk, as I returned the boys to their leads after a great run around the field my oldest Mackie took a bite at Toddy 99.9% of the time they get along fine and most of the times they don't its all bark and posture but today Mackie got his teeth into Todd's ear and drew blood. Back home I checked the damage and by then the blood flow had stopped so I cleaned him up and sorted out breakfast. The canine related issues did not stop there as I was making my cup of tea I had not latched the gate keeping the boys out of the kitchen and when my old cat came in the boys burst into the room and attacked the cat (this has happened before and I am not worried about them hurting her but her causing damage to them) all I can do when this occurs is block the dogs enough to let her make her escape, which I did today with only me suffering scratch's. All these things occured before 6 so as you may guess I decided I needed to chill out a bit and let my nerves settle before trying to paint.
When I hit the painting room I logged into Facebook and was please to see several fellow Bunchers already online and chatting away. How cool is the world we live in when painters from all over the world can chat away and enjoy their painting together.
First job was to pick out my first batch of figures to paint, anyone who followed me last year will know I like to do several bunch's of figures at the same time. I started off with some Sikh troops from the NWF and civies from the French and Indian war, I picked out one of my Ronin and added a command stand from the Zulu war and finally one of my NWF Screw gun and crew.



The pictures show you  where I am leaving them today, I have a full day of painting tomorrow before work at 22:00. I am enjoying painting all these figures but find the Ronin flesh the most pleasing work today.

Peace James

11 comments:

  1. Very nice Progress. I am still staggered by the amount of figures you intend to finish. But at least you seem to have a solid start. I also have several "bunches" on the go at any one time so I know how that goes. Keep up the good work and don't tire yourself out to much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can empathize with canine problems, my dog just doesn't fit well with other dogs. Not the best for a relaxing walk in the park.

    Great start on the painting front as I am hoping to put an hour or so in this evening.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, that's a cracking start James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cat, two dogs and a lot figures! You had an exiting day James!
    Nice start!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you making a start mate. Here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the face on your Ronin-most excellent.

    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Promising start, looking forward to seeing those Sikhs finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine start, James! Setting the bar high, right from the gate opening. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start! Looks like you're already on the right track.

    ReplyDelete