Dad and I have been putting our heads together in the last few week about a new challenge. as you may have seen by our SYW blog we have all we need in 15mm for this period, we have also built up all we need ATM for our ECW and Ancients periods. So I was looking for a new era to spend all my hard earned cash on and we came up with a couple, hey tag on either end of our SYW so we can use the black powder rule we are refining for that.So what are we doing I here you shout....
F I W (french Indian wars)
A W I (American War of Independence)
I already know of loads of nice suppliers but if you have a favourite let me know so I can check it out, I think you will be seeing plenty of these two periods on this blog in the near future.
I have a mad idea of trying the blackpowder rules as a skirmish game where each figure get a stat line just like the unit stats, sound odd but I plan of having a few solo games this weekend to see how it works out.
Anyway I found these two maps which so the areas that we will be fighting over. And one of the suppliers I am looking at Galloping Major
F I W (french Indian wars)
A W I (American War of Independence)
I already know of loads of nice suppliers but if you have a favourite let me know so I can check it out, I think you will be seeing plenty of these two periods on this blog in the near future.
I have a mad idea of trying the blackpowder rules as a skirmish game where each figure get a stat line just like the unit stats, sound odd but I plan of having a few solo games this weekend to see how it works out.
Anyway I found these two maps which so the areas that we will be fighting over. And one of the suppliers I am looking at Galloping Major




Sounds like an interesting idea. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
ReplyDeleteThere are tons of great looking FIW figures out there, G M do a nice ever expanding range, Conquest and Redout are nice too. I'm painting it up myself, very slowly though!! in 15mm using various different companies, for a semi skirmish type game. I can't justify spending money on 25mm anymore, so I'm sticking to 15mm.
ReplyDeleteAs Ray said but we're still waiting on him to put on a game.
ReplyDelete