Thursday, 15 August 2013

Yellow my new fav colour NOT

So I am working through the boiler suited guards and am going insane, I have not had to paint so many layers since I tried to do wet blending. To be honest I am not that bothered as it does give a good finish, it just take a bit longer than I usually take on one colour. Two down 4 to go

Sorry the photo is so poor the colour is a bit washed out. I have been digging out some of the figures I plan to sell on Ebay and found this Warlord games special figure.






11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work James. Yes, yellow can be a bit of a bugger. Nonetheless, you've done a very nice job of the duds on this henchman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work and paint Sir , the tartan is perfect .
    Greetings .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow is a b****r to do. I've found that it is best to use a yellow ochre base coat.

    Both figures look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work. Like Tamsin, I start from a ochre base coat when painting yellow (in my case Foundry Ochre A).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found any sort of mid-brown to be a good base coat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another vote from me for a yellow ochre basecoat for yellow. For shading yellow it can also be a good idea to mix yellow with its complimentary colour on the colour wheel, which would be a purple - sounds strange but it can work.
    Check out this article on Armorama for more info:
    http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=36&page=4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Yellow is not one of my favourites either. Very nice, I usually start with a basecoat of bronzed flesh then a 50/50 mix of whatever yellow I want to use and Bronzed flesh. Then wash the creases with a brown wash then use the yellow to highligh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems no one is a fan of yellow, I will join the club

    You did do a great job on jim though

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always try to avoid yellow and go for a more ochre palette; that said your perseverance has really paid off here, tremendous job James.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow is the devil's arse water of colours but a necessary evil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it's any consolation, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete